“Everything you need”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Ditton
scotland
“Everything you need”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here for one night on business.
Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, good powerful shower, good choice at breakfast.
On a quiet residential street and within easy walking distance of Surbiton town centre with a good choice of restaurants and coffee shops.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Ditton Lodge is the nicest b&b/hotel I've stayed at in the London area. I booked a room each for my son and I for one night as we were attending the Wimbledon tennis and didn't want to travel home late.
From central London, it's a short train ride from Waterloo to Surbiton, then a pleasant 15-20 minute walk from Surbiton station. From Surbiton to Wimbledon, it's a seven minute train ride. So perfect for the tennis …
We arrived at around 10:15 in the morning and were able to check in. My room was ready (I had the Garden Room – just beautiful with a patio door that opened onto the terrace) so we were able to leave our overnight bags. Extremely helpful lady on reception who told us about a shorter walk back to the station.
After our full day at Wimbledon, we arrived back around 9 p.m. My son's room was upstairs and at the front, as nice a room as mine but without the garden view. Both bathrooms were extremely modern with fluffy towels and good toiletries. I had a great night's sleep, then in the morning spent ages watching the squirrel acrobatics in the garden. We ate a perfectly cooked full English breakfast in the light and airy breakfast room, overlooking the garden.
I certainly would have liked to have stayed longer and would have no hesitation in recommending Ditton Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chris49
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed in a large single en-suite room last week for business, great location for Kingston/Hampton Court etc. Room was clean, had proper opening windows (so rare now) and a new bathroom with a powerful shower. I'm guessing run by a female as breakfast had lots of healthy options, handcream in the public loo's and hairdryers in the room. A great mid-priced hotel would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 17, a large single overlooking the road but not at all noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kitchener Waterloo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have never been travellers who go back to a place a second time, but for the sake of convenience on our second trip to Wimbledon we booked Ditton Lodge again and we were glad we did. It is comfortable, the staff are quietly efficient and very friendly and the location is excellent. On our last visit (5 nights) we had a nice large room (#15) opening on to the back garden, so this time we were a bit disappointed to be given a small room (#19) at the front of the house. Even though Ditton is situated in a residential area, the road in front is surprisingly busy.
The guest house was fully booked (for Wimbledon) but the friendly reception staff arranged a switch in rooms for the next night and when we arrived back from a busy day the housekeeping staff had moved our belongings into a much nicer larger room (#5) with a sofa and a fireplace (and of course a slightly higher rate, but it was worth it.)
The breakfast room is delightful and the breakfast is everything you could want -except good coffee- but I suppose being in England we should have ordered tea.
Why would anyone pay big bucks for a small room in London when Ditton Lodge has so much to offer?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Travelling Aussie
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for only one night in May, and we were very impressed. Our room was large and furnished beautifully with Queen Anne style furniture. We took afternoon tea outside our room on the sunny terrace, watching birds on the large green lawn. Surrounding area was quiet and safe. Plenty of options for dinner on the High Street, only three minutes walk away. Safe, off street parking.
Bathroom was spotless, modern and we loved the heated towel rails. Breakfast next morning offered lots of choice in a pretty room. Bill was settled efficiently.

• Stayed May 2013
Whissendine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Back again for our fourth visit. As usual a warm welcome, and the hotel as spotless as ever. We had a ground floor room at the front overlooking the car park and we had no noise or sleep problems. The breakfasts were as good as ever, a great range of cereals and fresh fruit with a freshly cooked breakfast of your choice, but the bacon is worthy of especial note. They also were able to provide gluten free toast, and not a lot of top hotels do that..
The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable, we always sleep well here. The en suite is only just big enough, however the shower was forceful and very hot, and the towels very thick and luxurious.
If you need a London stopover location then this has to be on your list.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here the night before an interview. First problem was the confusion of which hotel I was meant to be staying at as I had used their 'sister' hotel to book the room, but somehow ended up with a room at Ditton lodge. Which wasted a lot of time, but the woman at the reception at Ditton Lodge was very helpful at directing me to this hotel and booking me a taxi.
On arriving at the room, it was really smelly, like a stale smell & I had to immediately open the window. This seemed to happen every time I closed the window.
Single room was also quite cramped, but clean. I was located on a room overlooking the road, which was also very noisy & I was woken up very early on the day of my interview, which was not ideal. Furthermore, the floorboards in the room above me were very noisy, I could hear every move. Then walls were also thin, as I could constantly hear conversations.
But breakfast was very nice, with a range of food available & the staff very helpful.
Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side are better if you want a good nights sleep
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Ditton
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Hotel Bosco
Hotel Bosco
#2 of 2 in Surbiton
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Ditton Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!