“Terrible”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Day before Mothers day 2014 ... poor, confused and very slow service. Pork dish was dry. Kitchen and waiting staff seemed to be at odds. Owners too rude too respond to my complaint. Been going there since they opened. They will NOT SEE US AGAIN!

2  Thank Ken H

Reviewed 22 May 2014

If you live locally and you've driven down the Michelham bends in from Leatherhead to Dorking, you will probably have thought "I wonder what that restaurant is like?" Well, after doing this 2/3000 times I finally ate there. It probably hasn't been done up in the 25 years I've been in the area, in fact the menus still have the old 0372 area code instead of 01372! But what a wonderfully dated little restaurant, it's like stepping into a time warp. Reminds of the small local restaurants you pop into whilst on holiday. The staff were really friendly and the food was superb, grilled sardines as a starter (can't go wrong with that) my father had a clam, tomato spaghetti dish which he raved about and all three of us had the fillet mignon, it was to die for!
This really is a little gem of a restaurant and a definite recommendation, I will certainly be going back. The food is reasonably priced as well!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I visited Frescati on the 14th April for a birthday meal with my 3 and 6 year old and other adult family members. The decor is dated but adds to the charm as you feel as if you have been transported back in time to a warm holiday in the past. The waiter, Frank was very welcoming and interacted very well with us and my children.
The food was very tasty. I am a bit of a food snob and although the presentation isn't that of a 5* the taste and volume of the food made up for it. It just looked very homemade -we went for the set menu and everyone was very happy with their choice. Our children didn't have to wait long to be served and they were very well looked after.
I was given a scrumptious tirumisu cake with candles without even asking and champagne for the adults which the waiter didn't even charge us for. Really pleased with the food and service. Would definately recommend this place for some old fashion charm and good food.

1  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed 9 April 2014

For the second year running I took my wife to the Frascati for lunch on her birthday, the 9th April. After having booked it I then happened upon the last two reviews of the restaurant on this site - and my heart sank more than a little!

However, we went ahead (I didn’t mention anything to my wife) and, speak as you find, everything went well for us.

I ate off the very reasonably priced set menu and my wife went a la carte. Our starters were fine (her avocado with prawns was great) and our two main courses (both chicken dishes) along with the vegetables were fine also. They didn’t have a sweet trolley this time – a bit of a pity that – but we enjoyed our desserts, also, along with coffee to finish.

Of course, the place is in the old style – why they even have decent linen and cutlery on the table along with an ice bucket if you have white wine.

Call us old-fashioned if you like, but we much prefer a place like this to the modern Italian restaurants of this world like Zizzi which, in our opinion, are high on modernity but low on quality.

Viva Frascati.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went for Mother's Day. The seventies decor and menu (avocado and prawns, soup, stuffed mushrooms) did not fill us with hope, but it seemed "quirky". The waiters were rude, the prawns were still frozen, the lamb was very tough, they had run out of Frascati wine! The chicken was average. The fish was ok, but not enough potatoes or vegetables so we had to fill up on bread. Most of us didn't bother to have desert and the one person who did, left most of their cheesecake that was floury. We had not had a good meal and because we didn't enjoy it, we didn't drink much wine and there was a half a bottle left. We asked for a cork to take it with us. This never arrived and in the end we just paid (Over £200 for 7 of us) and left. Cold in the conservatory. Do not go here. Avoid at all costs. It ruined our day.

3  Thank J O