I have stopped here many times over the years and its one of my favourite places that I have shared with someone special in my life. The food is great and the breakfast to die for. The rooms are really full of character and have twisted floors and beams. Nice comfy beds and big wide screen tellies.
Its also nice walking area, go up Box Hill and take in the views
You will not go wrong here - Trust Me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Running Horses is a perfect country inn at the heart of picturesque Mickleham village in the Surrey hills. Step inside and you’ll discover one of the most charming places to eat and stay in Surrey. Dating back to the 16th century, it was once a coaching house. Back in those days, the inn’s clientele provided rich pickings for highwaymen. Thankfully, things are a little more peaceful these days, but some traditions live on. You’ll still find wonderful home-cooked British food, made with the freshest ingredients, accompanied by a wine list to compare with the top restaurants. The Running Horses has been family owned and run for the last fifteen years. And because we’re not part of a chain, the inn is full of character and individual touches. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome from the moment you enter the cosy bar with its roaring log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Running Horses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Running Horses Hotel Mickleham
- Running Horses Mickleham
- The Running Horses Mickleham, Surrey