I work in dorking frequently, however my usual haunts were fully booked! In need of a place to stay I had to go off the beaten track. I picked the place because of the user rating and place looked pretty.
Arrived after work and staff was swift and carried my bag to the room.
The room cost £125 and honestly it had seem better days. I accept the hotel is very old but the decor was tired and the shower just needs a re-fit as many black mould marks. The booking said it was a feature room, but it is not worth what I paid.
On the flip side I ate in the restaurant and the food was awesome and the staff very polite.
Not sure I would stay again as I can get better in the area. Would eat there though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Running Horses is a perfect country inn at the heart of picturesque Mickleham village in the Surrey hills. Step inside and you’ll discover one of the most charming places to eat and stay in Surrey. Dating back to the 16th century, it was once a coaching house. Back in those days, the inn’s clientele provided rich pickings for highwaymen. Thankfully, things are a little more peaceful these days, but some traditions live on. You’ll still find wonderful home-cooked British food, made with the freshest ingredients, accompanied by a wine list to compare with the top restaurants. The Running Horses has been family owned and run for the last fifteen years. And because we’re not part of a chain, the inn is full of character and individual touches. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome from the moment you enter the cosy bar with its roaring log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Running Horses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Running Horses Hotel Mickleham
- Running Horses Mickleham
- The Running Horses Mickleham, Surrey