We stayed in this hotel expecting a relaxing spa break as suggested in the title at the time of booking. When we arrived the hotel was beautiful and the service was good. We got to the room and it was very average and small. We got ready to go to the spa and were excited to spend the afternoon relaxing. However when we got there and we saw the swimming pool with screaming children I was adament that this couldn't be the spa so I dragged my partner around the building praying it would lead lead is to somewhere different! But unfortunately it did not. The pool is very very small and very cold. It was full of children. The steam room was barely hot and the jacuzzi was full of so much chlorine that my eyes were stinging. We lasted 25minutes in this so called 'spa'.
We then went for dinner and you either have a very limited choice of the food from bar; sandwiches, two salads, a fish of the day dish, a meat of day dish or a burger. All very pricey. Or you can dine in the restaurant for 38pound each for a three course meal - but you must pay 10pound extra for the steak.
The restaurant has beautiful views so were excited to have breakfast overlooking these. But there was a queue for these tables so instead they seated us in the back on the restaurant behind a brick wall!
This hotel is nice for a short break away and has good character and lovely views but I would not go here thinking to relax in a spa. I also would not pay their prices as you do not get what you pay for. We were lucky we found a good deal.
Unfortunately we will not be returnin here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in Redhill, Surrey is inspired by the Neo-Gothic design of the Palace of Westminster and is a unique Victorian mansion house in Surrey. Dating back to 1872 and set in 12 acres high on Nutfield ridge, Nutfield Priory Hotel is a four star country house hotel and spa with a 2 AA rosette restaurant. Cloisters Restaurant offers traditional British food with a modern twist accompanied by the breathtaking views of the Surrey and Sussex countryside. This fine hotel offers 60 bedrooms, 15 of which are individually designed, large feature bedrooms, with lavish artwork, and offering the likes of sleigh beds and original features. The suites are particularly special, one offering its own private balcony terrace and another which occupies three floors in the tower of the hotel. Set alongside the main hotel is the Nutfield Priory Health Club & Spa. A dedicated facility, this offers a fully-equipped gym, dedicated free-weights room, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, exercise studio and squash courts, plus a cafe bar and garden. The Spa itself is fully enclosed within the Health Club and is the perfect place to treat yourself or a loved one. Offering great Spa deals and Spa days in Surrey with nine treatment rooms, a quiet lounge, relaxation room and manicure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nutfield Priory Hotel Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Priory Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa Surrey