Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
US$76
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
1,161 results
All reviewsafternoon teabeautiful buildinghealth clubhand picked hotelshandpicked hotelswordsworth suitesurrey countrysidebyron suiteseparate buildingcourse dinnerexecutive roomone night staybirthday treatcream tearelaxing breakcoffee machinelovely room
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I stayed in Nutfield Priory for five days in January 2014 and had an excellent experience. The Wordsworth suite was large and comfortable with a beautiful view. The weather was rather cold and wet but we were warm and comfortable. We used the hotel as a base for family business in the area and had dinner in the restaurant several times as well as breakfast each day and the food was excellent as was the service. Our strongest memory of the hotel was the exceptional service we received and the willingness of the staff -- whether in the restaurant or bar, the room staff or front desk -- to go the extra mile to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We thought the price was pretty reasonable for the level of service we received and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you can afford it stay in a suite with a view to the South.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John O
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

It is always great to read such wonderful comments - the team will be delighted. I was pleased to be able to meet with you personally during your stay with us and I very much look forward to welcome you back - hopefully next time to better weather!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel expecting a relaxing spa break as suggested in the title at the time of booking. When we arrived the hotel was beautiful and the service was good. We got to the room and it was very average and small. We got ready to go to the spa and were excited to spend the afternoon relaxing. However when we got there and we saw the swimming pool with screaming children I was adament that this couldn't be the spa so I dragged my partner around the building praying it would lead lead is to somewhere different! But unfortunately it did not. The pool is very very small and very cold. It was full of children. The steam room was barely hot and the jacuzzi was full of so much chlorine that my eyes were stinging. We lasted 25minutes in this so called 'spa'.

We then went for dinner and you either have a very limited choice of the food from bar; sandwiches, two salads, a fish of the day dish, a meat of day dish or a burger. All very pricey. Or you can dine in the restaurant for 38pound each for a three course meal - but you must pay 10pound extra for the steak.

The restaurant has beautiful views so were excited to have breakfast overlooking these. But there was a queue for these tables so instead they seated us in the back on the restaurant behind a brick wall!

This hotel is nice for a short break away and has good character and lovely views but I would not go here thinking to relax in a spa. I also would not pay their prices as you do not get what you pay for. We were lucky we found a good deal.

Unfortunately we will not be returnin here.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank ALouise21
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My fiancé and I decided to get out of London for the weekend and having known Nutfield Priory for years, I decided it would be lovely for an overnight stay.

I was shocked at how dated the hotel was and how high the prices were for somewhere fairly average outside London. We were excited to use the spa but on arrival we were shocked at how poor the facilities were and the fact that it wasn't actually part of the hotel. There was a public dance class in full swing!

The food at dinner was lovely, though prices were much higher than they should be for this part of the world. They do command London rates without a London location.

Overall, we felt it was more 'Fawlty Towers' than an elegant priory break...we were glad we did it on a deal as the full rate is unreal for the offering. The place has lost its glamour over the years and you get the impression that the hotel is an aside to its extortionate wedding business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HotelUserLondon
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having taken my boyfriend away for his birthday, he loved this hotel and so did I, the exterior is beautiful shame about weather for the grounds are massive, rooms are nicely decorated with all mod cons and the staff are very attentive and friendly. We also enjoyed the spa although it isn't the biggest but with just what you need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the outside grounds if they have one as it looked lovely
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your delightful review.

We are so pleased that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time with us at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa and hope that we will be able to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

A lovely weekend staying in the superb swift suite. The spa was nice, enough facilities and relatively quite.

However the spoiling factor for visit was our treatment in the restaurant. Our prepaid upgrade to the a la carte menu was not on their records. When questioned we were told they would "honour it" by the restaurant manager (louise pullen) leaving me feeling that they didn't believe me. We were then called through for dinner and told they were very busy and that we were in the overflow restaurant, which only had one other table occupied and no atmosphere. When I enquired abiut moving it was told to "go and get my wife" and I could have a table in the lovely main cloisters restaurant. We had no choice over the time for our dinner having been pre allocated 8:45 by which time it was clear the restaurant was already full. To finish off the evening after a lovely meal we were presented with a bill including the full cost of dinner rather than just the wine. I was told just to scrub it from the bill.

Overall a lovely stay but very poor treatment in the restaurant.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dcs1105
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Many thanks indeed for your review.

Please accept my apologies for your restaurant experience. Dinner is usually a significant highlight of a stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa - I am sorry that the normal high standards have faltered on this particular occasion. All feedback is extremely useful to us and we will share all comments with the team to ensure we continually make any improvements required. Thank you for also highlighting how much you enjoyed your bedroom suite and the spa experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to discuss your feedback further.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back.