The atmosphere is the key in this Hotel. The nunnery and priory has beautiful wood chiseling and carving, and the location makes it pleasant in the greenery. It brings one back to what England's green pastures and woods must have been in the past. One note: the Hotel praises itself on being "green", but all the windows are single panes (!!) and LED lighting is unseen. The drafts are easy to feel around the window frames.The lights in the parking lot are blinding (in the room we had) unless one shuts the curtains, and are on all night. It must be a really costly building in terms of energy, and the waste of it in the winter must be important. So we would advise the management to take a trip to truly "green" hotels (in Germany for example), just to see the difference. Running heating costs must be sky high.
The Hotel is very child friendly, at least for a 7 year old. The breakfast was excellent, and the restaurant facilities have a very nice atmosphere to them and are clean. The charm of the place is unquestionable, the rooms clean, there are coffee/tea facilities in the room, and the staff is very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in Redhill, Surrey is inspired by the Neo-Gothic design of the Palace of Westminster and is a unique Victorian mansion house in Surrey. Dating back to 1872 and set in 12 acres high on Nutfield ridge, Nutfield Priory Hotel is a four star country house hotel and spa with a 2 AA rosette restaurant. Cloisters Restaurant offers traditional British food with a modern twist accompanied by the breathtaking views of the Surrey and Sussex countryside. This fine hotel offers 60 bedrooms, 15 of which are individually designed, large feature bedrooms, with lavish artwork, and offering the likes of sleigh beds and original features. The suites are particularly special, one offering its own private balcony terrace and another which occupies three floors in the tower of the hotel. Set alongside the main hotel is the Nutfield Priory Health Club & Spa. A dedicated facility, this offers a fully-equipped gym, dedicated free-weights room, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, exercise studio and squash courts, plus a cafe bar and garden. The Spa itself is fully enclosed within the Health Club and is the perfect place to treat yourself or a loved one. Offering great Spa deals and Spa days in Surrey with nine treatment rooms, a quiet lounge, relaxation room and manicure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nutfield Priory Hotel Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Priory Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa Surrey