US$62
US$119
US$87
  • Breakfast included
1,184 results
All reviewsafternoon teabeautiful buildinghealth clubhand picked hotelswordsworth suitehandpicked hotelsbyron suitesurrey countrysideseparate buildingcourse dinnerexecutive roomone night staycream teabirthday treatrelaxing breakcoffee machinelovely room
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent stay, with a warm welcome from Steph who guided us around the over-spilling and noisy wedding to our room and on to the bar in the Spa so we could relax in peace - particularly well handled as it was bedlam when we arrived. We got a very nice quiet room and despite a view of the front of the hotel, we weren't disturbed by noise / vehicles.

Dinner was of particularly good quality with an inventive and beautifully presented range of dishes, the wine list was also extensive for all tastes and budgets. The main dining room gave panoramic and spectacular views over the Surrey countryside - service (Peter, I think!) was very charismatic and engaging and made the dinner all the more pleasant.

Would certainly return and try and find a room that took advantage of the views in the main house next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and recognise the contribution of Stephanie and Peter in making your stay with us a special one. Thank you for choosing to stay at Nutfield Piory and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel overnight as part of a wedding party. The room was fantastic, the breakfast was great, the staff were marvellous but the wedding breakfast was sadly disappointing. Unfortunately, the lamb was inedible, it was fatty and raw. No one on our table could eat it and it was obvious when the plates were being cleared that neither could the guests on the other tables. Indeed, some of the tables appeared to be asking for chips. Such a shame that a hotel of such calibre should be let down by the kitchen, particularly when everything else was so good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Many thanks indeed for your high scores in the majority of areas.

I am sorry that you felt that your meal fell short of expectations, the quality & presentation of food is usually a highlight of any stay at Nutfield Priory. We have received some very positive feedback about this event, but of course appreciate your comments and can only apologise for any disappointment caused.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I came here for a spa treat and over night stay and it was and did not live up to the tripadvisor reviews. Firstly the spa facilities were tired looking, one of the toilets had flooded, locker room was tiny, stairs down to the pool were creaky and felt unstable and the pool area was full of kids and recreational users.
We had a spa 2 course set lunch menu, portions were massive but tasteless and you can tell they didn't use high quality ingredients.
Our treatments were at 2.3pm, they ask us to arrive in the waiting room at 2.25 and I was called through at 2.35 and my husband 20 mins late. He went to complain and the girl who was doing his massage was too busy chatting up the personal trainer at reception to go tell my husband there was a delay for the room. Terrible customer service!!
The massage was one of the worst I've had, it was fluffy and techniques were a lot of rubbing up and down and not working the muscles in a properly trained way. All a bit rough and not nurturing.

In regards to hotel, room was nice, and bathroom but bed was soft. Food in restaurant for dinner was lovely.

If you are wanting a nice spa experience I would avoid this place!! I could tell other guests were thinking the same thing we were.

1  Thank Clarkstobe
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I am unsure from your review if any of your concerns did get raised at the time of your visit. To that end I would be very grateful if you would contact our Amanda Clarke, Spa Manager at aclarke@handpicked.co.uk who would be more than happy to hear from you to discuss your experience further. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my third visit to the Nutfield Priory in the last eighteen months (all three times on a one night dinner, bed and breakfast package). The main building is beautiful and the views over the South Downs are spectacular, particularly this time as we upgraded to a Master Suite. The room and bathroom were amazing, could not fault it and could not stop looking out of the window. Bed was huge and comfortable - absolutely perfect. Room and views get 5 out of 5. Even smaller rooms are to a very high standard.

Unfortunately, where the hotel lets itself down is in the restaurant and the attitude of a couple of members of staff (particularly at breakfast). The hotel was full and so it was busy but management should be staffing busy periods adequately and not have staff running around stressed out. Waiting time on all three occasions we ate there was too long (and I am quite a patient person). Hot cross buns were taking forever to arrive while we were waiting for our room to be finished. At dinner, there was a very long delay in between the starter and the main course - not sure what happened there. At breakfast, we had to wait for a table and then when we did sit down we were forgotten about. We had to remind them to bring our coffee and toast and customer service skills were almost non-existent with two of the waitresses - they were rushed off their feet so management need to address that. Also, we upgraded to the a la carte menu. The food was ok but was nothing spectacular which I would expect for that price and the portions were far too small.

Such a shame as from my first time there, I remember the food and service was much better, and as dinner is a very important part of the break for us, I do not think we will bother going back.

1  Thank Mitherer

Thank you for posting a review following your most recent stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa.

I am very sorry that this time you did not enjoy the same quality of experience that you have done on previous occassions and would be very disappointed if this meant that you would choose not to stay with us again in the future. I would be grateful of the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further, please feel free to contact me at arowledge@handpicked.co.uk or 01737 824 405.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked a b&b, dinner package for a great price. On arrival you can't help but be impressed with building, so much character! We had treatments booked so went across to the spa.
The spa seemed a little disorganised and had to wait 30mins for one of them. Wasn't a problem but if it had been communicated then we could of spent longer in the pool etc. Treatments where great, although the therapist said they didn't cut nails? Odd for any nail treatment and the cuticles where given little or no attention. Apart from that, all was good.
The room we had was a great size and very comfortable, the bed was enormous.
We where on a inclusive dinner package so the menu was abit limited. The food just wasn't up to scratch, especially for the price we where paying. The staff didn't really know what the food on menu was and said this was because it was a new menu.... I was told my main dish came with veg and potatoes and went it arrived it was fish, tiny clams and muscles only. Luckily we ordered and expensive side of veg to keep me going, I ordered a extra side of potatoes but they didn't arrive by the time I had finished so I cancelled them. The cheeseboard was nice and extra on the menu.
Drinks are super pricey too.... £31 for 2 glasses of white wine!
Over all the meal was disappointing, average cooking moonlighting as gourmet!
We retired for the evening and planned for a super amazing sleep....... Only to be woken at 5am by the worse stench known to man wake us up! A cross between melting plastic and rotten eggs.... It was worse than foul and kept us from sleeping for at least an hour after we closed the crack in the window. This is terrible for a 4 star hotel... Especially as the receptionist knew exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned it in checkout. Apparently there is a landfill site close by and the smell travels up to the hotel and gives the staff head aches!
Maybe the hotel should be warning their guests about this??
On a better note the breakfast was really good.
The lack of sleep mixed with the under par dinner + the £400 cost of the night away means that unfortunately we won't be returning to Nutfield.

Room Tip: Get one last doesn't let the outside air in!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that we did not deliver our usual high standards on this occasion, it is certainly not reflective of the experiecne that the vast majority of our guest's enjoy. I would be grateful of the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further, please feel free to contact me at arowledge@handpicked.co.uk or 01737 824 405.