1,227 results
All reviews beautiful building health club hand picked hotels handpicked hotels wordsworth suite byron suite separate building course dinner turn down service executive room cream tea one night stay relaxing break birthday treat wedding breakfast coffee machine public areas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I came here with my mother for a massage spa day and afternoon tea. It felt like a trip to a local leisure centre, the pool was full of children and smelt strongly of chlorine, the jacuzzi was cold and felt cheap, the massage experience was mediocre, afternoon tea was ok but we were sat in a room next to lots of used tables which i had to ask to be cleared away, I had to ask for the tea, this cannot be a 4 star spa it is no where near the quality of other spas I've been to.
Shame also that the afternoon tea wasn't in the old building.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I have checked the chlorine levels and are all in line with normal results, health and safety is paramount to us so I hope you do not mind me reconfirming that the levels were all fine for you - but of course I appreciate your decision to not use these particular facilities.

I am unsure if any of your concerns were raised at the time of your visit. To that end I would be very grateful if you would contact our Spa Manager - Amanda Clarke on aclarke@handpicked.co.uk who would be more than happy to hear from you to discuss your experience further. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I had a great day at the Nutfield priory, we stayed one night before a race day at Epsom and it was superb. The evening meal was beautifully presented and tasted delicious.
We didnt experience the spa facilities unfortunately - maybe next time!
All in all, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The Junior suite was beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia C
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa for your recent visit to Epsom. I am delighted you had such a great stay and thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and this time you should definitely take the time to enjoy the facilities in our Health Club & Spa.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband booked an afternoon tea for two for my birthday. We arrived at the time that was booked. We notified the staff that we had arrived and that we would like to take the tea on the terrace as the weather was so nice. On booking my husband had been told the terrace was an option. It felt as though they weren't expecting us or prepared.

We took a seat on the terrace and waited. A waiter was dealing with other customers but we thought he would soon acknowledge that we were there.

After about 15 minutes a different member of staff appeared and confirmed with us that we were there for an afternoon tea. We said yes. He asked whether it was just English tea that we wanted and we said yes. We hadn’t been given a menu at that stage so we didn’t know what other choices there were. My husband asked for an iced tea. The waiter then left us with a menu and then disappeared off to "sort out" our tea.

On the menu we found that there were a selection of teas and different types of Afternoon Teas available including a Savoury Tea. There was also an afternoon tea designed for children.

About 10 – 15 minutes later a pot of tea arrived along with an iced tea. The waiter gave us instructions about the teapot being like a caffetiere and that if a stronger brew was required it should be left for a while. I left it a few minutes and then tried to pour out a cup. The teapot was awful it was one of those where tea goes everywhere, and on this occasion through the slats in the table and on to the floor. Thank goodness I wasn’t in the Library; I would have been so embarrassed.

We then waited for our food to arrive...........30 minutes later we decided to attract the attention of the second waiter and asked where the food was. He said that he would go and see. About 5 minutes later it finally arrived and he informed us what each item was.

There were finger sandwiches:
Smoked salmon on beetroot bread (apart from being pink we couldn't tell it was beetroot). However it was generously filled with salmon which was a plus point.
Egg sandwiches on white bread.
Ham and mustard on caraway seed bread.
There were two fruit and two plain scones with clotted cream, jam and lemon curd. The scones had been liberally covered in icing sugar – not good it you are wearing dark clothing!
Lemon posset with blueberries – that was very nice.
Rhubarb and strawberry topped cake – nice sponge.
Pistachio cake – OK
Millionaire’s shortbread – very soft and very, very sweet.

The second waiter did briefly pop back to ask if we wanted more tea and without asking brought us glasses of iced water but that was it.

The Priory is a lovely building and the view from the Terrace is glorious.

All in all it was OK, the service let the whole experience down. It is part of the “Handpicked Hotels” chain and friends had visited another in the chain and said their afternoon tea was the best they had ever had....oh well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review of your afternoon tea experience at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa.

I apprecaite you taking the time to share your detailed feedback on the various elements of our afternoon tea offering and I regret that some of them did not meet your expectations. I also apologise if the service was a little slower than you would have liked during your visit. Afternoon tea at Nutfield Priory is extremely popular and I'm sorry that on this occasion it did not live up to its excellent reputation. I do hope that you will take the opportunity to experience it again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent stay, with a warm welcome from Steph who guided us around the over-spilling and noisy wedding to our room and on to the bar in the Spa so we could relax in peace - particularly well handled as it was bedlam when we arrived. We got a very nice quiet room and despite a view of the front of the hotel, we weren't disturbed by noise / vehicles.

Dinner was of particularly good quality with an inventive and beautifully presented range of dishes, the wine list was also extensive for all tastes and budgets. The main dining room gave panoramic and spectacular views over the Surrey countryside - service (Peter, I think!) was very charismatic and engaging and made the dinner all the more pleasant.

Would certainly return and try and find a room that took advantage of the views in the main house next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and recognise the contribution of Stephanie and Peter in making your stay with us a special one. Thank you for choosing to stay at Nutfield Piory and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel overnight as part of a wedding party. The room was fantastic, the breakfast was great, the staff were marvellous but the wedding breakfast was sadly disappointing. Unfortunately, the lamb was inedible, it was fatty and raw. No one on our table could eat it and it was obvious when the plates were being cleared that neither could the guests on the other tables. Indeed, some of the tables appeared to be asking for chips. Such a shame that a hotel of such calibre should be let down by the kitchen, particularly when everything else was so good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Many thanks indeed for your high scores in the majority of areas.

I am sorry that you felt that your meal fell short of expectations, the quality & presentation of food is usually a highlight of any stay at Nutfield Priory. We have received some very positive feedback about this event, but of course appreciate your comments and can only apologise for any disappointment caused.

Kind Regards