“Wonderful 'mini-moon'”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
London
“Wonderful 'mini-moon'”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My (now) husband stayed here in mid May after our wedding. The staff were superb at helping carry all our presents to the suite at gone midnight - of which there were many trips to and fro!

We stayed in the Wordsworth which was absolutely gorgeous. Everything about it was wonderful, the views were resplendent. Only cock up was when the hot water ran out on the first day but it was immediately fixed by an engineer. Reception were excellent at sending ice buckets etc and the room service was wonderful.

I suppose the only downfall was the spa and pool which do seem a little worse for wear. The staff are friendly but the pool is tiny and not deep at all.

We dined in the restaurant one night - the food was utterly divine - although outrageously expensive.

The terrace gets the sun all day and the staff are very good at bringing drinks etc.

We had the most wonderful weekend and would definitely recommend the hotel - and especially the Wordsworth suite to anyone!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Many congratulations on your wedding!

Thank you so much for still finding the time to post a review. It is always extremely rewarding for the team to know when a guest has enjoyed their time with us - so many thanks for your comments. I am sorry for any hot water issue and am glad that it was resolved immediately.

I appreciate your balanced review. Thank you very much for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Croydon
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked a Spa day for me and my wife and, although expensive, we did feel pampered and the staff in the Spa itself were very good and the treatments very relaxing. The Gym and swimming facilities were also good. However, the lunch was very average - the Avocado "Mousse" was in fact slices of unripe Avocado, the main was ok, but the dessert was poor and not worth the money. The food was uninteresting, reflecting the lack of effort or skill that went into preparing it. My advice would be to have a the bar food - the lunch was definately not worth £25 per head.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your treatments during your spa day - the team will be delighted. I am sorry to hear of your concerns around the spa lunch. For your information I have met with the Chef and he is introducing a new menu imminently which I am sure will be well received.

Many thanks for your time and we hope to welcome you back soon.

surrey
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Came here after doing helicopter ride over London as part of my husbands both celebrations. We stayed in the feature bed suite with great views. It was amazing! Massive and clean with coffee machine and evening maid service. Bathroom and dressing room were stunning.
Food good, we shared the chateaubriand. Staff very efficient and friendly. Bar lacking atmosphere. Some music would be good but think the speakers were broken.
Hannah in the spa was fantastic and very helpful. Had a great facial, fell asleep!
Breakfast is served to you which was great and a huge good quality serving-we both couldn't finish it! Great hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the Suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loveaholiday!Surrey
Thank you so much for your wonderful review & score.

It is always a delight to read such feedback and to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It is very kind of you to take the time to post your comments. I can confirm that we have some further improvements planned for music in the bar area that will enhance the atmosphere there.

All the very best for now and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a one night stay at Nutfield Priory with use of the spa and a treatment each. I can't fault the spa, the staff were lovely and we felt pampered and relaxed too - it was very relaxing. We also went to a yoga class and a pilates class, both of which were excellent. We upgraded to a suite in the hotel which was absolutely beautiful with amazing views of the Downs from the window. Supper was slightly hit and miss but the pudding was delicious. They did however redeem themselves with a fantastic breakfast. My husband had a smoked salmon omelette which he said was lovely, and I had lots of fresh fruit and yoghurt from the well stocked buffet. We then went back to the spa before leaving. Would definitely recommend and revisit.

Room Tip: The views are amazing so try to get a room on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and highlight so many aspects of your experience. I am also pleased that you took the time to enjoy one of our yoga and pilates classes during your time with us. Thank you for choosing to stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stunning building and views. We booked a junior suite and were upgraded to a master suite because it was our anniversary. Views from suite were amazing.
The shower flooded onto bathroom floor because of sprays from nozzles on either side so be careful. The main course beef fillet was very tasty but not hot on arrival. We ordered the £23 bottle of red wine which was not good at all. I suggest maybe trying the more pricey ones. The dessert was cold rice pudding which I did not care for.
We were woken at 9am asking if we knew our bath was leaking (we did not use/touch the bath) into the conference room below and so a maintenance man arrived.
We decided to have breakfast delivered to our room which was a mistake because the staff got much of the order wrong, they brought coffee instead of tea and muesli instead of special K. The toast was slightly burnt and almost too hard to eat/enjoy. I didn't ask for eggs but was given a huge plate of them with my sausages.
The spa and pool are seperate to the hotel and used by non-guests. We thought they would be together in one building.

Overall we enjoyed the building, the suite and the main course but believe more care should be taken with breakfast orders.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us but am sorry for the small errors that you mentioned in your review. Breakfast is normally one of the highest performing aspects of our guest experience and I regret that we did not deliver our usual high standards on this occasion. I am glad that this did not detract rom an otherwise enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I came here with my mother for a massage spa day and afternoon tea. It felt like a trip to a local leisure centre, the pool was full of children and smelt strongly of chlorine, the jacuzzi was cold and felt cheap, the massage experience was mediocre, afternoon tea was ok but we were sat in a room next to lots of used tables which i had to ask to be cleared away, I had to ask for the tea, this cannot be a 4 star spa it is no where near the quality of other spas I've been to.
Shame also that the afternoon tea wasn't in the old building.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I have checked the chlorine levels and are all in line with normal results, health and safety is paramount to us so I hope you do not mind me reconfirming that the levels were all fine for you - but of course I appreciate your decision to not use these particular facilities.

I am unsure if any of your concerns were raised at the time of your visit. To that end I would be very grateful if you would contact our Spa Manager - Amanda Clarke on aclarke@handpicked.co.uk who would be more than happy to hear from you to discuss your experience further. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I had a great day at the Nutfield priory, we stayed one night before a race day at Epsom and it was superb. The evening meal was beautifully presented and tasted delicious.
We didnt experience the spa facilities unfortunately - maybe next time!
All in all, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The Junior suite was beautiful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia C
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa for your recent visit to Epsom. I am delighted you had such a great stay and thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and this time you should definitely take the time to enjoy the facilities in our Health Club & Spa.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nutfield
Brooklands Hotel
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!