“Our amazing wedding day at Nutfield Priory” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
Kent, United Kingdom
“Our amazing wedding day at Nutfield Priory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Thank you sooooooo much to the incrediable team at Nutfield Priory for helping us to have what was the best day of our whole entire lives!!!! All of the staff were so amazing - you all surpassed all of our expectations and then some! We really never dreamed that our wedding day would be that perfect and we will remember it and you all forever (we're still in the wedding bubble now :)).

Please pass on our thanks to the whole team and the kitchen and waiting staff - the food and service was truly amazing.

We look forward to coming back and staying with you on each anniversary :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review - I would imagine you are pretty busy with things following your wedding.

The team will be delighted that they had such a positive impact on your special day. We are so grateful that you chose Nutfield Priory for your wedding and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Many congratulations on your marriage, wishing you all the very best for your new life together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited the spa with three girlie friends this Saturday with the intention to relax and catch up with each other. On arrival we had a brief tour of the spa (I prefer this as opposed to a long winded give you every detail tour), changed into our robes ( which were nice and thin as opposed to heavy towelling) and relaxed in the lounge area where there were complimentary hot drinks and fruit.

The pool area was nice, with jacuzzi, pool, steam and sauna. Pleasantly surprised how quiet it was so could happily float around the pool without worrying about upsetting more serious swimmers. There is also a gym overlooking the pool.

We all had a short treatment included in our spa package. I had a facial which left me feeling relaxed and my skin glowing, the others also had positive comments about their treatments. My only criticism wa that my treatment room was off the nail area so I could hear people chatting which did take the edge off it slightly.

We lunched in the bar area. Food was good but bit strange to be sitting in your robe with other people who are using the spa as a fitness centre and pool, including children. Later in the day we had afternoon tea which was served in a separate room reserved for people using the spa which was pleasant. The multiple cakes and scones were excellent, a good variety. Could have done with a few more, or slightly larger, sandwiches. We also had a glass of champagne, which had initially been forgotten about but the bar staff quickly rectified when reminded.

The biggest negative of this spa was the changing rooms which are tiny! Upstairs there was just one shower cubicle squeezed into the room with the lockers so barely enough space to get changed and certainly not an opportunity for a relaxing end to the day. There were however more showers downstairs near the pool area.

One small thing we loved was the personal greetings. On opening our assigned lockers there was a personal welcome note and at afternoon tea a lovely frame with our names in on the table!

So overall we had a great day and would probably return, but it's not up there for me in terms of a luxury spa.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelling_Bird
Many thanks indeed for choosing Nutfield Priory Hotel for your spa day and for taking the time to post a review.

Thank you for your balanced comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we will take on board the constructive feedback offered.

Surrey, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Being local and having joined the health club we had a voucher for a 1 night stay so we stayed before flying out on holiday the next day. Booking was accommodating as we wanted a Fri night but voucher Sun - Thur. I had offered to pay the extra difference but they allowed the Friday for nothing extra. The room was very nice, clean, nicely decorated with good air con as one of the hottest days of the year. The shower, simple to use, powerful and instantly hot, so rare to get all 3 in hotels in our experience. My wife had some treatments in the spa and thought they were very good and the beautician was excellent. We had a meal in the restaurant. It is expensive eating of the a la carte menu, but it was a fantastic meal. High quality ingredients, well presented, good portion size, great taste. The views out of the restaurant over the surrey countryside and into Sussex are great. Breakfast was god and all the staff throughout the stay were great. We will eat there again for a special treat.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
What a lovely review to read - many thanks indeed for these lovely words and for taking the time to post them.

I am delighted that you have chosen Nutfield Priory for your club membership and that you have had an opportunity to redeem your stay voucher. Thank you for highlighting all the positives about your experience.

I trust that you enjoyed your holiday. Enjoy your membership.

All the best.
Bexley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

On arrival said our room would be available by 15:00, and asked to have a relaxing drink in the bar, and Steven the duty manager, would come and get us when room was ready. 16:30 still in the bar waiting, in the end I went to the reception desk and asked about the room and the lady apologised for not being told it was ready. Got into our room and found no electric was working, reception said they were working on it. Had 2 wait 20mins before electric came back on. 17:30 electric went off again whilst ironing my shirt, and supposed to be meeting our friends at 18:00
. We then demanded an upgrade to where there was electricity, and they agreed, moved to a suite and all was well. Our meal was included which was 7 tapas taster dish, none of the food contained peri peri source or chillies, but the wine selection which accompanied each dish was spot on.
Because of the duty manager being busy we didn’t get a chance to use the spa facilities which was one of the main reason we went
The bar lager was reasonably priced £4:70 for carling export, and 2 lagers & a bottle of wine £44:00

Room Tip: probably pay more for bedrooms over looking the surrey countryside
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Although I appreciate you have rated us as 4 out of 5, I understand you were disappointed with a couple of elements of your stay - for which I apologise. I can confirm that a couple of rooms did experience a brief power cut but was resolved as soon as possible - I am sorry for the delay this caused you in your dinner preparations. I am pleased that the team were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite along with a couple of glasses of bubbles as a gesture for the delay on arrival.

Thank you for providing some feedback at the time of your stay, this allowed us an opportunity to overcome the issues raised and ensure you could enjoy the remainder of your stay with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you back.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a fantastic weekend at this beautiful spa hotel... The views, grounds and hotel are really superb...we knew it was going to be just perfect when we walked in and had a fantastic welcome experience from Steve and his team. Dinner was amazing!! We've dined out a lot and to some very good restaurants and this menu left you totally satisfied with an explosion of flavours and e feeling of a wonderful evening of food heaven!
Our room in the main house was gorgeous, beds very comfortable and all the hotel staff teams were friendly and nothing was to much trouble!
Spa is the added luxury and we would highly recommend this Spa Hotel for relaxing, and friendly stay in a very grand setting ! What a treat...

Room Tip: The rooms in the original house have more character
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and 5/5 score!

It is kind of you to take the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had a thoroughly enjoyable time with us - the team will be extremely pleased with your feedback, especially Steve, the kitchen brigade & the spa team.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked silva and myself to a treat at the spa.
I went in advance to book our visit and the receptionist explained how it works, we'd get a foot bath first, then a nail cut and finished off with a "relaxing foot massage" to be honest I only went for the massage as we'd been to Egypt earlier in the year and had one there, but it wasn't very good. silva had been to a spa in England and enjoyed the experience.
we went together in a nice room and we had a girl each, the foot bath was ok but our feet were propped up on the crouched knees of our girl sitting in front of us, so you couldn't relax.
our half hour session was broken after ten minutes with another girl entering the room with a client, and within touching distance of me had her nails done!!!!
silva did finish off with a nice foot massage, but I ended the session with some cream rubbed in my feet.
I felt I'd missed out on the main reason I booked in the first place. my girl did say she only started that morning!!!!!
For £75 pounds I felt robbed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Many thanks for reviewing your spa treatment that you experienced in March.

Please accept my apologies if the pedicure fell short of expectations. The Spa Manager will review the pedicure service to ensure that we are providing consistency.

I would always encourage feedback to be given at the time of the treatment - as the team are very willing to adapt accordingly. The treatment was charged at £36 per person - please do let me know directly if this does not match your records. Our manicures & pedicures are generally not carried out in a private treatment room but I am sure we could make the appropriate arrangements should this be requested.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would definitely recommend The Nutfield Priory to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

The building itself is amazing and wonderful for photographs. The Wordsworth Suite is a fantastic huge suite for the bridal party to get ready. So spacious, it easily accommodated the bride, 5 bridesmaids, mother and father of the bride, and 2 photographers.

What made the day so special was the way Charlie and the rest of the staff made us all feel so important. Charlie was our co-ordinator for the day and he couldn’t do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble, everything ran like clockwork. The civil ceremony was held in the Gibson Room with champagne and canapés

We opted for the buffet dinner and Charlie made sure it was so organised that no one felt that their table had to wait too long before they could help themselves to the buffet. The food was absolutely delicious; the beef was cooked to perfection and all our guests commented on how lovely the food was and the male contingent were pleased how much there was to eat.

The evening was a great success and the dance floor was packed for the last dance. Charlie then, somehow managed to organise everyone without us feeling rushed. A large number ended the night in the bar and I have to say the bar staff were fantastic. They were so patience even though it was the early hours of the morning before we finally when to bed.

We opted for the private breakfast the following morning in the Fielden Room. It was a wonderful way to end a brilliant wedding; lovely large round tables so we could all discuss the day before. I would definitely recommend doing this.

In the bride and bridegroom words – ‘It was amazing, we couldn’t have wanted a better day’

Once again: a huge big thank you to Charlie and the rest of the team.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Caroline D
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Many thanks indeed for your wonderful review and top score!

We are so pleased that the Bride & Bridegroom, as well as all the guests, thoroughly enjoyed such a special day together at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa. It is kind of you to take the time to share your thoughts on your experience on Trip Advisor. The team, Charlie in particular, will be delighted with your comments.

Wishing you all the best and we hope to be able to welcome you all back soon.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nutfield
Brooklands Hotel
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#2 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!