“THE WORST RESTAURANT I'VE BEEN IN FOR A LONG TIME”
Review of Prezzo - Reigate

Prezzo - Reigate
Ranked #36 of 83 Restaurants in Reigate
Price range: US$29 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the misfortune of visiting this establishment today with a friend for lunch. I had a voucher for 2nd meal at £2.50. We were presented with the bill and informed this offer did not apply to grilled food, which was in small print on the voucher. She would not bend on this artitrary rule. Other local restaurants ie in particular Ask have wavered certain restrictions on vouchers. The bil came to £26.60 and we said we each would pay £13.30. Then the bill came with machine to pay, the machine worked differently to most ie it didn't show amount till you had already pressed in your pin number and out came a receipt for more than the bill (£32.30), and it was for us both and not separated as requested! I asked her to cancel this and start again. She could neither speak nor understand English. Three times i said this amount is incorrect and she continually ignored me. I lost my temper and started shouted at this point, to which she said "you no pay anything". We collected our belongings and left, rather upset at having had such a terrible experience. My friend was highly embarrassed at what occurred. Needless to say, we shall not be visiting Prezzo ever again. Be warned, there is some sort of scam going on in this chain, if they can't get full price even with a voucher, they then try and overcharge for 2 people paying separately, then their last and final effort is to join the two bills together and overcharge!
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
PS It would be most helpful if staff had a grasp of the Englsih language as well.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friends recommended I visit Prezzo and what can I say? My friends are not overly fussy however the food wasnt terrible I'd say it was fairly run of the mill and safe. Friendly staff is always a good start however one feels it is to cover up the bland and unimaginitave choices.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Bustling little Italian restaurant in the heart of Reigate. Great attentive service and overall staff. Menu is good selection of Italian dishes and starters - at reasonable prices. Larger private rooms are also available for biz functions and dinners.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We are very regular diners at Prezzo, Reigate and without fail we have never been anything other than totally delighted with the great service from every member of staff, Kristina and Steph have become good friends to us. The food has always been excellent and up to our expectations. We always dine early at 6.30pm as later on the restaurant can become very busy, as very satisfied customers we look forward to our next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you like standard Italian food but nothing exceptional the Prezzo is the place to go. Good place to meet up with a bunch of friends if you are not worried about the bill