Spending two weeks in any hotel enables a traveler to experience most of what the venue has to offer. My experience: altogether pleasant and comfortable in every significant respect.
For my business travel I need three basics from a hotel:
1. A room conducive to a restful night’s sleep
2. A bathroom with adequate hot water and linens
3. An overall ambiance of cleanliness and convenience
I’m happy to say the Reigate Manor met every one of those needs.
1. My room was lower level at the end of the hallway. It was smallish but not inconveniently so, and I found sufficient room for lounging in the evening or working on my notebook computer. The décor was a bit dated, perhaps, but it was clean and not shabby. The bed was comfortable, the bed linens were fresh. The room had no stains or strange odors, no sagging drapes or torn carpet. The electric kettle and a small assortment of teas and instant coffee were appreciated and enjoyed daily. The wireless Internet was sometimes weak but proved to be quite acceptable. The quietness of my room was surprising—it faced a busy thoroughfare but I never heard any untoward traffic noise, and I’m sure I could have counted on one hand the number of times I heard another guest coming or going.
2. The bathroom was every bit as clean as I could ask. Hardware was shined, mirrors were polished, the shower screen was unspotted. Two or three times during my stay I could detect the smell of chlorine bleach when I returned of an evening. The smell dissipated quickly but was additional evidence that housekeeping took seriously their job of cleaning and sanitizing the bathroom. Toweling was a bit aged and past its prime, but wasn’t stained or ragged. The provided toiletries were of good quality. And except for very early morning hours (before 6:30, let’s say) the hot water did not disappoint. A 5:00 AM shower was warm enough not to be uncomfortable in a cool room. And I was totally pleased with the bathtub/shower hardware—if I could I’d install the same in my own home.
3. Public areas were kept orderly and clean. Everything I needed was easily accessible without any need for asking a staff member. The lobby seating area was comfortable and inviting.
My other observations are these:
4. After twelve consecutive mornings any breakfast buffet will become a bit boring, but the restaurant had sufficient variety that every morning was satisfying. The croissants were fabulous and the bacon never failed to be delicious. The only significant change I’d make would be hot milk alongside my pot of tea.
5. All staff members I met were courteous and helpful. Of a certainty some had a more sparkling personality than others, but that’s simply the way we humans are. I always felt I was a welcomed guest.
6. Timothy the Cat was an excellent hotel representative. A sweet little tuxedo male, he is the hotel’s somewhat-adopted mascot, and he charms staff and guests alike. Timothy never presumes “Everybody loves cats!” Rather, he stands patiently to one side, near the entrance, and if a cat-fancying guest wants to make friends he will cheerfully oblige. I give kudos to management and staff who look out for Timothy and make sure he’s reasonably fed and sheltered. This small touch reveals a friendly and caring ethos that carries over to hotel guests, believe me. Thank you, Reigate Manor, for Timothy.
Reigate Manor will not overwhelm you with glitz and luxury, but if you seek clean and comfortable lodging with unobtrusive attention from hotel staff I certainly do recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel offers a prime location in Surrey for any business meeting, conference, wedding reception, civil marriage, birthday party, dinner dance, or simply an opportunity to enjoy our renowned Sunday carvery or afternoon tea in the lounge or restaurant.With 50 bedrooms, our hotel in Surrey can offer every comfort and the conference and banqueting facilities are able to cater for a wide variety of functions - for up to 200 guests. Whatever the occasion, the Reigate Manor Hotel can provide exactly what you are looking for and we would be only too delighted to welcome you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel Surrey
- Reigate Best Western