“really welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reigate
Leicester, United Kingdom
“really welcoming”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was booked into this hotel as another hotel booking had been lost. the receptionist was really welcoming and spent time making sure that I git the room I wanted. the room was comfortabkle. the hotel is being refurbished at the moment whihc will make it very nice. I was really grateful for the welcome ag=fter a very very stressful time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Giles T, General Manager at Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Liz,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your stay at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here with my mum whilst visting family and the whole experience was shockingly bad. On arrival the receptionist wasnt friendly or welcoming, she barely even looked up at us while checking us in. And when we left she only spoke to ask for payment - at this point we were just desperate to leave.
There was a party going on while we were there and due to the complete lack of ANY soundproofing in the hotel, and wooden floors in every room entrance meant you could hear every single noise anyone makes in the rooms surrounding yours. So needless to say we got no sleep. People in the hallways shouting until 3am is never pleasant, but it would've been bearable if the room had some form of soundproofing. I would NOT recommend that anyone stays here - ever. We left a review slip which was in the room and surprise surprise, we've had no feedback.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally C
Giles T, General Manager at Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi Sally. I am deeply sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. I don't remember seeing your feedback card, so I am sorry that this went astray as I would have contacted you directly. I will pass your feedback onto the reception team. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at gt@reigatemanor.co.uk so I can find some more details out about the date of your stay and the issues you encountered.

Travellers are raving about these Reigate hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were able to check in late on a Friday evening without any problems at all. The twin single room we had booked was perfectly reasonable for the pair of us overnighting while cycling in the Surrey area. The beds were comfortable and the room was quite despite being next to a main road and the flightpath from Gatwick.

Breakfast was served in a dining room that looked very dated, pictures had been removed from the walls but large holes where they'd been mounted were left unfilled. Breakfast service was a little confused, the toaster was very unreliable and whilst my breakfast was fair, if slightly over priced, my companions "vegetarian" was simply the Full English but with the sausage and bacon removed and at the same price, we were disappointed.

The bar and lounge area were comfortable and were receiving the renovation that lots of the hotel needed. There was a good selection of beers, wines and ciders behind the bar and these were again were a bit pricey. The staff throughout the hotel were courteous, polite and helpful.

It seems that the hotel has a policy of making their rooms very reasonable priced but seeking to cash in on the relatively captive audience of weary travellers and guests through the bar and breakfast prices. Oh, and don't expect a vegetarian option!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Dave Wilkins. Thanks for taking the time to compete some feedback on your visit to the hotel. I am glad the bedroom you stayed in was to your liking and you enjoyed your time in our new lounge that we are continuing to refurbish. The restaurant along with the bars and other common areas are all on the plans to be refurbished this year. The pictures were only taken down on Friday morning, but I agree the picture marks holes need refilling in the meantime.
I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. We are in the process of redoing our restaurant menu with our new Head Chef so we hope that it is a more enjoyable experience on your next visit.
Norfolk
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The two of us enjoyed very well prepared evening meal, though, as the only diners in a very large restaurant we needed at least one other customer to pace the service. The chef is new, and the menu was well supported. Yes, the fitters and electricians managed courteously and with patience, as we checked out with our bags, through intermittent periods when their steps were not blocking our exit. Look forward to seeing the results of their work. The room was comfortable and suited our needs of level access with the restaurant and exit, with only one fire door, as a double. The twin bed with this facility was apparently a long way, (several fire doors) away from the restaurant. Breakfast was well cooked but served with the poached egg in water, and the bacon in grease, however. This hotel is conveniently sited for Reigate, and the M25, has a fuel station virtually on site, but little interference from traffic noise, and a pleasant setting next to a pub on the south side of Reigate Hill.

Room Tip: Explain your needs, especially mobility. By some reviews, disappointments may have been due to low e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Giles T, General Manager at Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time completing some thorough feedback from your visit to the hotel. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I have passed your breakfast comments onto the kitchen and breakfast team. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner and found the facilities at the hotel to your comfort. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Overall a clean and okay hotel, however I think the staff, and the building contractors can make more of an effort to ensure the dust and debris from the ongoing building works doesn’t cause too much of a nuisance for guests. The lobby area and the ground floor corridors, particularly in the morning, are very unpleasant to walk through.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Giles T, General Manager at Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your visit to the hotel. Thank you for your patience with our building work over your stay. We are hoping to complete the majority of the large renovation work around reception next week, which will be the most disruptive part of our refurbishment. I apologise if the dust and debris caused you discomfort over your stay, this is something which we are constantly cleaning and monitoring each day.
I hope to welcome you back to the refurbished hotel shortly.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel while on business and found it to cater to all my needs.

The room was spacious and the free WiFi was a great bonus. Bed was comfortable, pillows a bit hard for me and all four the same. The breakfast standard but cooked to a high standard. Would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Giles T, General Manager at Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on your stay at Reigate Manor. I am glad you enjoyed the bed, breakfast and Wi-Fi throughout your stay.
I would like to check the pillows in the bedroom you stayed. If you could email gt@reigatemanor.co.uk, it would be greatly appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reigate
Bridge House Hotel
The Cranleigh Hotel
#2 of 3 in Reigate
Hartsfield Manor Betchworth
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel

Been to Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!