“family friendly & great coffee venues!”

Chalk Hills Bakery Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Reigate
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Well what can I say - visiting any food establishment with young ones is always a challenge but what a surprise when I visited this delightful coffee & bread oasis within walking distance for my little ones to enjoy healthy locally produced grub!!!!

Thanks Rosie - and thank you staff for assisting me with the childcare accessories and making me feel so welcome - rather than some other places I rather not mention.

The children had a wonderful time and glad to report they are very excited about our next trip out to see you all - oh and nearly forgot to mention the pasteries were to die for and the coffee even had a heart on it too!
and the best news was when I went to pay my bill was very affordable even after the children had managed to comsume adult portions of scrummy yummy bunnies!
:-)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was very excited about going there as I love bread. However. Trying to get through the door with a buggy was a challenge- being watched by 3 ladies behind the counter was frustrating. Luckily another customer opened the door for me. Inside- the disappointment continued. No high chairs.
Have returned a few times to get the bread to go- every time I was a little frustrated with the staff (chatting amongst themselves instead of serving the customers, once I asked questions relating to a sandwich and was told "it is what it is"). Shame really as I said- the products are delicious.

3  Thank Blondeandred14
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is such a fantastic Reigate offering. Another small, family-owned and run artisan bakery with the most mouth-watering bread on offer. No wonder you see Chalk Hills goodies stocked in so many reputable places. It's heaven, and baked on a nearby premises so as fresh as you can possibly get. So many to choose from and it depends on what your taste buds yearn for on a particular day, but the fig and walnut, spread with a generous dollop of soft goat's cheese, takes some beating. But, as distinguishes the smaller family-run Reigate outlets among the increasing boom of high-street chains is the fabulous service and genuine care the owners and smiley staff display. They can talk you through each loaf in delicious detail and make knowledgable recommendations. On top of all this is any type of coffee or tea that you might fancy and there are fresh pastries and sweet treats to accompany your drink should the mood take you. The daily sandwiches are hard to choose between and quite the piece-de-resistence for me is a beautifully presented, soft-yolked, hot poached egg perched upon lightly toasted Chalk Hills Sourdough topped with a generous pouring of Hollandaise sauce, served with a paper. A real Sunday treat. This is a family business where care and love pours through every morsel they make and sell. An absolute winner.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Don't walk past Chalk Hills, you have to go in and appreciate the chirpy staff, great service and lovely choice of breads, hot snacks, sandwiches, coffee's etc... I went in last Saturday, it was busy but the staff are so great that waiting a few minutes was actually quite entertaining! This little place has character and charm - you will end up staying longer than you meant to....

2  Thank Janbojo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although I didn't personally visit this little gem, I had the pleasure of organising a surprise birthday breakfast for a friend. I organised everything with the owner Chris via email as I live in Canada and he couldn't have been more accommodating or friendly and nothing was to hard.
When my friend arrived she was greeted by the extremely friendly staff and she said she felt like Royalty! The food in her words "tasted like Heaven" and the coffee was the best she has tasted since arriving in London!
Thankyou to the staff for your help and extremely friendly service and making my friend feel so welcome! When I am in London I cant wait to come and visit and experience your fantastic service for myself. Well done :)

1  Thank Penny-lanemetham