“Oh, I loved it!”

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Reigate
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Fab, fab, fab! From the personal welcome by the manager to great little bar, fresh popcorn and waitress service in the auditorium we just loved our experience at this cinema.

Yes the screen isn't huge and seating is slightly more cramped than a modern odean/vue but atmosphere and sheer 'grown up' night out vibes make it worth it.

Will defiantly be seeing my movies here in future!

1  Thank langshott02

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am an Indian and when my life nearly melted away I found myself in Reigate, at the Lal Akash restaurant near the cinema. Toby, who I imagine is still the manager, became a great friend. We spoke on philosophy and history and sometimes had late nite chats after the restaurant closed .And I would drop in at his office where there always was a stack of old national geographics and much later he sent me a gift of the history of Europe which I still cherish. Late night once, I saw the movie Crash and it made me cry. Plenty of Pints helped me in that just cause I suppose. I am sure he still welcomes people before the show and gushes out his personal review of a film he particularly likes.Judy Dench was a preference 10 years ago.His father served in the Air Force in India in the big war and his mom arranged for some North African musicians to Play in London.Simple ,normal people who brought me back to life.I have been hunting Toby a while. Toby, if you are on facebook, look up Mandar Tambe. Thats my name. Mike for you.I am in Goa with my family and have four retail shops selling poultry and supply to many hotels.Life is good. Come to Goa and stay a year.Get your kids if you and your partner have them now.Just get the flight tickets. Rest is on me.Would love to catch up with a dear old friend, from Reigate , that magical village that was a glowing light in a stormy nightmare that my life was then. Thanks Toby.And yes, the Cinema is special indeed.

1  Thank mandar508
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location (in the town centre) parking available nearby in a large car park, fantastic staff, very quirky, wonderful experience! lots of drinks on offer at the bar (proper glasses), and cakes and snacks (served on a proper plate!). Very comfortable seats, my only slight quibble is the price, tickets are what you would expect going to the cinema, but drink and snacks were quite expensive which made the night out rather a pricey one! Other than that it was great, will be returning!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lovely, quirky cinema with fantastic staff who really love their jobs and know their stuff.
It knocks bland multiplexes out of the ballpark; it truly is a local treasure and the best thing is that you can drink wine from a proper glass while you watch a film.
If there's a huge queue for popcorn (and wine...and sweets...) the manager will delay the film until everyone has taken their seats. It is a fantastic venue!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Fantastic cinema, throwback to the old days. Small but well run, I love the fact you can get a decent pint too.