“Ok for one night” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Reigate
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Ok for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were welcomed very well when we arrived. The corridors were narrow and a little jaded but the hotel is not a new one. The room was clean, a good size and well equipped by modern budget hotel standards. The bathroom was huge.

If you are a smoker the balconies must be a great change to hotel living - shame the staff do not seem to clear up the dog ends!

We faced the main road, but with the double glazing and height above it there was only a muted sound of traffic. The curtains were thick and well lined - perhaps the darkest room we have had for a while.

Breakfast was good but was served in a mechanical way- for instance, I was not asked if I would like some more coffee.

Overall - we needed somewhere for the night at short notice and the nearest Premier Inn was full!

1 Thank meltonpieman
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for the review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Not sure about the "mechanical" service of breakfast and we will look into this and sorry about the cleaning of the balconies. Should not happen, but on busy days [particularly if it is raining] this gets left in the hope it will clear up, and then it appears it was forgotten.

Sorry and hope we see you again soon.

Kindest

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
sutton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here for my husbands 50th birthday with 5 other couples as there was a dinner and dance event on featuring singer Ray Lowe who I cannot fault and have seen many times. However I was very surprised at the hotel. There's a lack of communication after booking. I wasn't supplied any details of the event or confirmation of the 6 rooms that I had booked and only got the info verbally after calling a day before the event to enquire. On the way to our room there was a very bad sewage smell, we passed a bucket which was catching water that was coming through a large hole in the ceiling. Our room which was very basic it had no wardrobe, just a pole coming out of the wall with hangers. It did have tea/coffee making facilities ( in a drawer, where you actually boil the kettle ! ). We all gathered at the bar that serves very peculiar tasting Bacardi..from a Bacardi bottle, three of us are seasoned Bacardi drinkers but couldn't actually drink it as it tasted so bad ??. We used the bar area again prior to going in for dinner and was left to decide for ourselves when to sit down as nobody seemed to be organising anything. Once in the function room which was very nicely decorated we did have a very nice time. The show was excellent and the food was very nice and definitely worth the money. A few days after staying one of my guests had money charged to his credit card (that was given as security at check in). His as well as all of our other guests rooms had been paid for before leaving. When I called to query this I was told that if there had been a mistake the books wouldn't have balanced and that one of our guests couldn't have paid. This was sorted the following day and refunded as there had been a double error made in the books. I would definitely go to the show again but couldn't be tempted back to the hotel. Despite the best efforts and friendliness of some of the staff I think there needs to be a big sort out before I or any of my friends would even think about returning. Please note that this review is based purely on the hotel the event and dinner was absolutely fine.

Room Tip: Good luck !
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ladyofleisureSutton
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thanks for your review and sorry that you were disappointed with the hotel and I know Linda is discussing this with her team as we take all feedback very seriously.

Whilst I can understand your description of our rooms, I do feel it is a very harsh interpretation of what we actually have and does not allude that all the hotel was refurbished a few years ago and whilst we have a problem in one area with a flat roof which you mentioned the rooms and hotel are in a good standard and many of our rooms are very large, light and airy with private balconies.

I am pleased you enjoyed your evening and sorry that on this occasion you felt your stay was disappointing.

I do hope you will continue to use the Bridge House.

David

Travellers are raving about these Reigate hotels

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel on a groupon voucher for 2 nights with a bottle of wine.The hotel looks a little dated from the outside but as soon as you go inside it is modern and clean. The lady on reception was lovely and very helpful and gave us all the information we needed. We were upgraded to an executive suite when we arrived which was massive. The rooms were clean, tidy, modern and very comfortable. We had a balcony area which was nice although we didnt use it as we were out for most of the time we were there. Bathroom was nicely done up - shower could have been a bit more powerful but it did not affect our stay what so ever.
The food in the hotel was lovely. Breakfast was massive - so much to choose from and the staff cold not do more to help you.
We had a lovely stay and we will come back if we ever are in the area again.

Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting area to find a flat for my son. Lady who met us on arrival was pleasant and helpful.
Hallway down to rooms was smelly, musty damp smell, not inviting at all.
Room was nice size but not good. bed linen needed ironing, attention to detail was poor. Bathroom grubby, cobwebs on ceiling and room smelt mouldy. Basin plug was broken and on the side attached to a rusty screw.
Shower was frankly filthy and of very poor quality.
Outside balcony was grim, over looking carpark, no table and chairs filthy.
Over all not a good experience for over £100!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Helen D
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
So sorry to read your review which is so at odds with other reviews received at the same time.....how odd?! Nevertheless Linda is on the case and there can never be any excuse for the bedrooms not being spotless, so sorry.

Apologies and hope we see you again.

David.
Thirsk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We planned for a two night stay to coincide with picking up our daughter from Heathrow at the end. Arriving on Tuesady afternoon the greeting was warm and friendly, the room was large clean and comfortable and best of all air conditioned. We had a balcony but no chairs for it so went to ask at reception, within minutes a maintenance man arrived with two chairs. He was extremely pleasant and asked if needed anything else and was keen to make sure we knew how to work the air conditioning and were comfortable. So we sat on the the balcony for a while,not a great view from our room and little noisy, but how many UK hotels can you chill out on the balcony with a glass of wine and then retreat to the cool and quiet of an air conditioned room. We did not eat in the hotel on the first night but breakfast in the morning was very good basically what you expect but freshly cooked to order and well presented by smiling happy staff. We set out for a day out and then the problems started, with me not the hotel. I felt unwell and to my shame at first attributed it to the full English breakfast. We had to return to the hotel where I gradually became more ill and in pain so that we had to send for an ambulance. My apologies to person in room 2 who was asking to move rooms as my wife was asking if reception would watch out for the ambulance. I suspect he did not know what to make of the noises coming out of room 1. The receptionist directed the ambulance to our room when it arrived and I was promptly whisked away and diagnosed with acute appendicitis. I didn't think it was that cute was relieved to get rid of it the following day. Meanwhile my eldest daughter arranged to come from Madrid so that she could drive us back to North Yorkshire when I got out of hospital. So could my wife keep the room another night, absolutely no problem and apparently the nice man who organised breakfast was delighted to find a much prettier replacement for me. Oh and by the way now my youngest daughter needs to stay a night along with my wife and eldest (remember her the one we were supposed to meet at the airport, are you keeping up!) not a problem at all no need to worry everything will be sorted and it was. At breakfast now there are two new pretty faces replacing mine so some bonus for the staff. On the Friday I get discharged and whisked home. In all seriousness though the staff at this hotel were wonderful in how helpful and kind they were to my wife and daughters in what was a stressful couple of days for them not knowing how long I would be kept in hospital and I wish to thank every single one of them for their genuine concern. So if it's the best hotel staff you can find that attracts you to a hotel then stay here.

LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your review and we all hope you have now made a full recovery and are comfortable.

I am so pleased that Linda and her team were able to look after you during such a difficult time, and with everything you have had going on it is really appreciated that you have found the time to post a review.

Kindest regards

leamington spa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I liked every thing about the hotel. I liked the room and the shower. I enjoyed the meals and food was available at other times. I found the staff friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I liked the location and the views from across the road on Reigate Hill. It is somewhere I will always enjoy visiting.

Room Tip: I liked the availability of a single room and that it was at the back of the building, hence quieter...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank susannep68
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for your review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Well, all I can say is it has obviously Improved. My Wife and I stayed there recently (21st-22nd July) and we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in Room 19 and everything was fine.
The room was nicely decorated, Bathroom was spotless, Clean towels each day, Balcony was clean and tidy.
The tea/coffee making facilities were fine and the Bed was Very comfortable.
Breakfast was very nourishing, with plenty of choice. We had cereal, grapefruit, toast, followed by a Full English, mmmmmm Delicious!!!
I can honestly recommend this hotel. The Balcony was brilliant, as we had chosen to stay on what turned out to be the hottest days of the year so far. So being able to sit outside, in the evening, with a nice glass of wine was superb. More hotels should follow this example in this country!!!
We took advantage of a Groupon deal of 2 nights bed and breakfast, with a complimentary bottle of wine. Really good value.
If this hotel is in the vicinity of your choice, then give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Oh, I nearly forgot, you also get Real Mugs for your Cuppa. No Finicky cups,,Real Mugs! lol.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a Balcony. Brilliant for relaxing with a Glass of Wine, or a Nice Mug of Tea!!!
2 Thank JohnScratchy
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Bridge House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for your review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Yes the balconies have been such a boon over the hot spell........who would have thought it during those soggy summers of recent years.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reigate
BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Redhill Reigate Hotel
The Cranleigh Hotel
The Cranleigh Hotel
#2 of 3 in Reigate
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Hartsfield Manor Betchworth
Gatwick Cambridge Hotel

Been to Bridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!