“Where's my slippers....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Westcott
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We invite you to visit Bertram Bees. Unwind and enjoy the very best artisan food, coffee, tea, wine and beer in an environment rich with local art that is welcoming, tranquil, and a world away from fast food. At Bertram Bees you will find only the very best in local and continental fare, presented with high levels of service and attention to detail sadly missing in everyday life. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, a mid-morning or afternoon indulgence or one of our evening platters or specials. Join us in the bar for a great range of wine and local craft ales from the Hogs Back and Tillingbourne Breweries.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

From my first visit this bistro/ bar made me feel like I'd come home but with the added touch of being looked after by friends getting me a huge English breakfast and lovely proper coffee! I regularly meet some old school friends for lunch here now and find any excuse for a cheeky prossecco of an evening! I'm now thinking of having a party in the Shabine outside ( a great little bar, separate from the main part). In fact can I come and live with you?!!!! Quite frankly, there is nowhere that I feel so comfortable, morning, noon or night!

2  Thank bumtitybum

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had lunch in Bertram Bees , the food was really good the portions were great I was very full after it and I can eat a lot, Had a good chat with the landlord and landlady Dennis and Virginia very friendly couple it was good to see them again ,can't wait to return.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Surrey Hills, Dorking and Shere Village were really fab, but then we got to Westcott and found Bertram Bees. What a quirky place! Really great decor, lovely seating and a nice vibe! Went outside to see the garden and found the Shebeen(a sort of cross between and Irish Pub and a cool speakeasy....oh and had a pint of the best Guinness I've had outside of Ireland).
Had a really good platter and nice breads and even the young lads with us were bowled over(2 15 year olds who are hard to please!) Great dining in a beautiful setting.
Not normally one to say this, but we will be back!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was suggested to me to visit Bertram Bees by a friend and I was not disappointed. The rustic feel of the restaurant with its unusual mix of chairs and tables and food served on wooden boards was a delight. The food itself was delicious and a large selection of wines was on offer. The staff were helpful and happy! As it was a beautiful day we ate our lunch in the garden which again was a lovely surprise, different grassed levels and a real country feel. I would highly recommend Bertram Bees and will be going again!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place - great little bar and restaurant with a fantastic garden that gives the most amazing views over Ranmore Common. All the food is freshly prepared and Sunday Roasts cooked to order. Has the added attraction (particularly in summer) of a Sheeben where you can enjoy a banter with the locals or just sit and look at all the artefacts hanging on the walls (including an old Indian motorbike)! It's a home from home