“A pleasant stay at this hotel”

Holiday Inn London Sutton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sutton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A pleasant stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed in Spa suite 4th floor. Lovely room, comfortable bed with choice of type of pillows i.e soft/hard. There is 1 easy chair in the room, it would be better to replace it with a small settee or add another easy chair, there is room to accommodate that type of furniture. I find the "see through" frosted glass doors and walls a little weird - not much privacy when you want to use the loo! Staff very professional and polite through out the hotel.
If you are not an exclusive member of the Holiday Inn then you have to pay an extortionate fee to use their wifi. I have paid for wifi in other hotels which has ranged £5-7 for 24 hrs, Holiday Inn prices is £5 for 4 hours, the prices increase if you wish to use there wifi for a longer period. It proves that other organisations can charge lower prices for their wifi, i.e coffee shops/ Bentalls /waitrose and the Banks give free wifi. Holiday Inn chooses not to follow the other retails examples.

Room Tip: 404 Spa suite, watch out for the "see through" frosted glass door and window!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service levels we aim for.
I can inform you that from the middle of July 2014 WIFI will be free of charge for all IHG Rewards members while at present this is only for our IHG Rewards Elite members. I would like to suggest when staying next at our hotel please sign up directly for the (complimentary) membership.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future to the hotel again,

Marco Frik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here a few times with work, it's always been a pleasant stay. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped and the staff are always friendly.

The hotel has lesuire facilities which are free to use, although on these small side it will certainly pass an hour to two with the pool and gym.

The breakfast is fantastic and has everything you need to start off the day. Having stayed there a few times the staff even get my morning drink ready as I walk through the door, which is a nice touch.

There are only two negatives for this hotel. The pillows and Wifi.

The pillows are the worst pillows I have ever had and it's not a one off, it's every time I stay. I just don't know what it is. They give you two option in your room, hard or soft. The hard is too hard and the soft too soft. I've tried one of each and still no good. I've even resorted to taking my own.

The Wifi. Well you have to pay for it. When i stay there it's for work so the fact that I have to pay for the wifi is a joke, considering how much the rooms are in the first place. I have heard rumours that this is about to change in 2014 and fingers crossed it will as it's a great hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.
I can inform you that from the middle of 2014 WIFI will be free of charge for all IHG rewards members while at present this is only for our IHG Rewards Elite members. Also at the end of March 2014 we will be introducing new linen specs and pillows in all our bedrooms.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have stayed at the hotel on two separate occasions in December 2013, both times for a week.
The hotel is ideally located in the centre of Sutton with easy access to/from the train station and motorway network. The staff were extremely friendly, professional and efficient helping me to sort out my club rewards card, of which there were a number of issues, as well as proving to be very helpful in helping me find my way around the area. The bar area was clean and the staff polite and eager to help. Although I didn't dine in the restaurant, I did use room service. Although the room service menu is a bit limited, you can order food from the restaurant menu. The food arrived in a timely fashion and was hot and tasty with the added bonus of being served with a smile. I opted for the Executive double room, which was very well equipped with desk and comfortable chair for working, a large flat screen TV with lots of channels for in room entertainment, and large bed that afforded an excellent nights sleep. The room was also very quiet with good views across the town. As I'm over 6ft tall, I couldn't really fit in the bath, but the overhead shower more than made up for the size of the bath, being very powerful with multiple water dispense settings. I was staying at the hotel on business, and as I will be in the area on business for at least the next six months, I doubt if I'll be staying anywhere else, as I'm more than happy with what the hotel has to offer, and I haven't even tried the gym, spa or pool yet. However, after what I've been eating and drinking over the Christmas holiday period, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be a frequent visitor in the gym and pool....!!!! No harpoons please....
All joking aside, I think you would struggle to find a better hotel with the same facilities in or around the Sutton area. It may not be the cheapest, but you pay for quality, and that's what this hotel has in spades....

Room Tip: Opt for the Executive rooms, they're a bit pricier but very quiet with excellent in room facilit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I am looking forward meeting you personally during the next General Managers cocktail evening somewhere in january 2014.

Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Welcoming check inn, very professional staff,great dinning experience despite the fact it was really busy with Christmas parties food quality excellent diner and breakfast,not the most modern hotel but very well looked after by a great team
Thank you for making our stay so special!

• Stayed December 2013
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

As a regular reviewer who once stayed here, I was just about to book a room here again but luckily found out that they still charge for w-fi. I will no longer stay at hotels which charge for internet, Come on Holiday Inn...it is a selling point to offer free wi-fi. Charging for it is miserly and gives a very bad impression to the extent that I'm staying elsewhere. It's no good saying that it will be free from sometime in 2014. You've missed your chance!

Room Tip: Don't you have to pay if you want wifi! Go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for leaving your thouhghts about WIFI charges with us although I am surprised how you can rate the hotel (or any hotel in this case) on value, cleanliness and staff services when you did not stay as the only time you stayed at the hotel was in July 2013 whereby you scored the hotel 4 out of 5 for value and on this occasion changed the scoring. WIFI charges will be free of charge from mid 2014 for all our IHG Rewards members so I can only suggest that next time you stay in any of our hotels you sign up for our IHG Rewards straight away you you enjoy a range of benifits accordingly.
Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel somewhere in 2014.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for business travel. Hotel was clean and modern. Breakfast was good but was the same everyday. Hotel is also walking distance to Sutton train station which is only 30 minutes to Victoria Station. Also close to High Street which has a few food dining options.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here for the night after the Christmas Winter wonderland party. After a mix up with the room booking we were very happy with complimentary bottle of wine and the room. It was very clean, comfortable and had a powerful shower. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of choice and very tasty. All the staff were very helpful and polite. All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedback for which we would like to thank you. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.
Marco Frik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs
Hilton London Croydon
#7 of 24 in Croydon
Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden
Premier Inn Epsom South Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London Sutton? Share your experiences!