“Best All Round Curry House in South London”
Review of Haweli of Belmont

Haweli of Belmont
Reserve with OpenTable
Haweli of Belmont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 148 Restaurants in Sutton
Price range: US$26 - US$45
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ‘Haweli’ derived from Hindi word ‘Haveli’ which describes an enclosed mansion built with pride to keep family members together. The word therefore immediately gives a sense of security, trust and closeness. The Haweli of Belmont’s philosophy lies on this very traditional value of warmth and hospitality, which is embodied in the South Asian way of life.‘Haweli of Belmont’ is a family run business with a great passion to deliver the very best South Asian dining experience to our guests. In this venture we have deeply explored the rich and diverse dishes of our continent to bring the very best for you. Our chefs and consultant culinary experts have taken a lot of care and creativity in selecting and preparing a menu that offers the true touches of South Asia in its colour, taste and cooking style with a matching wine list that goes very well with the spices used in our dishes. We always select the finest ingredients for our dishes and we remain at your service with a dedicated team of staff and sincere management. Our dedication to provide our guests the very best Indian dining experience continues with our attentive, seamless service and a creative selection of fresh and exotic dishes from our exciting menu. Haweli of Belmont is a highly renowned Indian restaurant in Sutton, with its guest list featuring the occasional politician, sports star and many TV celebrities. Haweli of Belmont has been run by the Chowdhury family for over 20 years and every aspect of the restaurant is designed to offer you the very best Indian food available. The contemporary design and welcoming service help you unwind and puts you in the perfect mood to enjoy the acclaimed Haweli of Belmont dining experience. Book a table today and come and see for yourself why Haweli of Belmont comes so highly recommended. Takeaway or free delivery for Curry in Belmont, Sutton, Cheam, Banstead, Epsom, Tadworth, Carshalton, Wallington,. Have high quality restaurant food delivered to your home - authentic, traditional and contemporary Indian cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“Best All Round Curry House in South London”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

If its great curry, service, atmosphere and interior your looking for then this is the place. I have been visiting the Haweli for 7 years and my partner for over 12 years and we love it. Little things make the place like, the heated hand towels and post dinner drink on the house when you order your bill. Great food which you can personalise, I like the Tandoori Chicken Balti Masala but ask for it Madras hot which is not on the Menu. Misu the head waiter is the person to ask for, he's always helpful and will accommodate all your needs. Back in the day (Circa 2004 isn) Peter Andre & Jordan were regulars. Whether this is a plus or a minus who knows but we love it - the place that is :-).

Visited December 2012
10 Thank Paul C
Haweli599, Manager at Haweli of Belmont, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Paul C
Thank you for your really touching review! We're thrilled you had a great time at our Haweli of Belmont. Come back anytime !

Yours Faithfully
Misbah Chowdhury

London, United Kingdom
“Yet again, another take away with missing items”
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

The hawelli used to be an excellent curry house.

However, over the last year I have ordered approx 6-8 take aways and EVERY single time items are wrong and/or missing.

The food is also arriving late - I'm having tO phone to chase it up and the answer is always 'the driver is just round the corner'

Won't be using again!

Haweli599, Manager at Haweli of Belmont, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Food4Ldn
We have read your comments with interest and are sorry your experience at Haweli of Belmont was not to the standard you expected. We constantly strive to improve our services but occasionally errors do occur.

I would be grateful if you could email me the details of the order so I can look into this for you and find out why you order was late?

My email address is info@haweliofbelmont.com

I do apologise for the experience you've had and for the inconvenience caused to you.
“Haweli of belmont”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Had a takeaway a few times, lovely food. only picked up the food there, but the service was Excellent, and as a compliment they even gave me a LARGE bottle of beer on the house, and held the door open for me,

with a smile, was very pleased, will be dining in there soon

Visited December 2012
10 Thank dannycook86
Dear Dannycook86
Thank you so much for reviewing our restaurant ! We're so happy you had a great takeaway experience with us. As you said we do everything with passion, no compromise allowed :-) Hope to see soon at Haweli of Belmont!
“Rip Off!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Ordered a take away from here It arrived cold and with lots of food i did not order,unfortunately my partner paid without checking£32 I rang them and they said they would ring back, they never did.I was out £12 .expensive restaurant without paying for food you never ordered.Do yourself a favour don't go there,so many good value Indian restaurants out there.Very disappointed with Hawali.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank rob l
SpiceMarchent, Owner at Haweli of Belmont, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Hi
We have already dealt with this respectful customer and he had been paid back with my personal apology to him on 12/11/2012. There was a misunderstanding during the order taking when 4 poppadom has been misunderstood as 4 Paratha and he was in fact delivered 4 Parathas which are 2.75 pound each.

The customer did contact the restaurant to complain about it but the calls were made during lunch hour when our less experienced front staff on occasions answer the telephone. Again unfortunate in this case, it took about ten days by the time I as a Owner got the message. Once I got the message, I immediately contacted him and resolved this with payment and my sincere apology. Haweli is household name within the Surrey area for past 20 years.

It is sad that he had portrayed our restaurant as a 'Rip Off' business which goes against our ethics and it is damageable.
I would request to add my response to his review or to withdraw it.
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Called in with a friend and had a most enjoyable Indian meal, with superb Naan bread and delicious curries and bhajies. The food was nice and hot (as well as spicy) with generous portions and the service was good - helpful without being intrusive. I really enjoyed my visit and hope to go there again.

• Visited July 2012
8 Thank Colin_Taylor
Dear Colin-Taylor
Thank you for your really touching review! We're thrilled you had a great time at our restaurant Haweli of Belmont. Come back anytime !