“Dads 80 th birthday ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed the meal. Nothing too much trouble and waitress had gone to the effort of putting foil confetti on the table and putting up a birthday banner. It was a lovely surprise for Dad and we all enjoyed the food.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stephen K, General Manager at Wheatsheaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there!

Thank you for your lovely review!

I am delighted your dad enjoyed his 80th birthday here with you!

I hope we can look after you again on future celebrations!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely spot for lunch with the dog after a walk at Virginia waters. Lots of variety for vegetarians and vegans. Food was ok. Fair prices. Great atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank hackers89

Hi Hackers,

I'm really glad your enjoyed your experience here in June.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We come here a lot, around 2-3 times a month and we really like it! Not sure why there’s bad reviews as you can either get table service or you can order at the bar whichever is your preference. The car park can get a little busy as it’s right next to Virginia water but that is to be expected and we have never had trouble getting a space. I can’t comment on the range of dishes as we always get the same thing (burger) but that is always nice and arrives hot and quickly. There is a core team of staff and when they are all on it is definitely a better experience, especially when Mikey is there but still a good pub overall and I would recommend anyone to go here especially after a walk around the lake.

Hi Georgie,

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

I've shared your review with the team and they are delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have just left this establishment that calls itself a restaurant. Having stood at the place that said wait here to be seated for 15 mins whilst a very harassed barman and I stress Barman singular tried to serve about 7 customers we eventually got into a conversation with another customer that had been waiting for 30 mins for his dessert bearing in mind that at this point there were only 4 customers in the restaurant area. Having said to him that we had been coming to the place on and off for over 40 years and the place had gone to S—t recently a man appeared from the hotel reception who I am lead to believe was one of the managers and sarcastically said he had overheard my lovely conversation and proceeded to be in my opinion unprofessional and rude to both myself and the other customer. He then said that he was off duty but would show us to a table. We then waited to place an order and got into a conversation with the other 2 customers who said that had waited 30 mins for their drinks to be bought to the table and only ordered their food at this time and ordered a burger for speed. We waited a further 15 mins at the table and no body came to take our order so as I said we left. I have read other reviews about this place recently and thought they were exaggerating however I think they were being kind. This restaurant is in prime location and to be so understaffed is ridiculous. I hope the CEO reads this but I know it’s unlikely however something needs to be done as most customers will only let this happen once and will not return.

1  Thank Debby63
Stephen K, General Manager at Wheatsheaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Debby,

I was the chap who seated you last night after hearing you swear about the place. I had considered asking you to leave but decided not to. My mild sarcasm about your 'lovely conversation' was the alternative to that.

Most of our recent reviews have been very positive despite your assertion to the contrary, but I do acknowledge that last night we had some staffing issues and two of our team were having to cope alone while awaiting reinforcements.

I arrived to help the team and overheard your abrasive conversation. The young man from the neighbouring table was very polite, despite having received slow service. There should have been 5 on duty but circumstances had dictated otherwise. My team work hard and were unfortunately having a tough day, which affected several customers. This is truly embarrassing and is not the service we strive to deliver.

I was frankly shocked by your behaviour, especially your choice of language. I must note that you were the only one who chose to be rude and use inappropriate language about the venue. My staff should not have to put up with that and this may explain why they didn't prioritise coming to serve you.

If you do return, I am sure we will be delivering our usual high levels of service. I do apologise that we were struggling on the night and that you felt so strongly about it.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We eat here about once a week enjoyed every meal and all the staff are friendly and helpful. Having multiple allergies it is great to be able to choose what I am going to order by looking at the allergy list online before going out then just relaxing with family and friends not worrying about being ill all week. I asked a staff member what training they get as they are all so wonderful and she said the managers are good so it must be down to good management whatever it is keep doing it.