“10/10”

Colmans Seafood Temple
Ranked #13 of 230 Restaurants in South Shields
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I could hardly wait to try this new restaurant and, judging by the crowds that were already in there on a Tuesday afternoon, neither could anyone else! The service was lovely and friendly, the fish and chips were SUPERB, the bottled water wasn’t astronomically expensive (a pet-hate of mine!) and the views were tremendous. Do yourself a favour and book a table.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

modernised /new build extension done extremely well and in a well positioned spot with views of the sea. The food was excellent and the service and staff were very friendly. I would have liked to have seen a bit more on the menu but well worth the money and a visit. Would highly reccommend

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Love the temple and the staff were very nice and accommodating for us. I had fam from America and this was our first time at the seafood temple so great job.

Food was lovely. My other half had the sea food curry which was lovely. The only criticism is the prawn wasn't de-shelled properly. Other than that great.

Service was a little slow and it felt like we were forgotten about at times but on the whole very good. Hence the 4 and not 5 stars.

Thank you for a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I spent months watching this establishment rise from the ground. Girders everywhere and the transformation of a disused bandstand near South Shields beach. Virtually on the promenade!
I’m spent three occasions having a meal in here. Good views of beach, and a very open view fish restaurant.
What a pity the fish and chips meal I had was very poor. Warm fish and chips! It promises so much. As they say is the North East - for coat and ney knickers! Also quite expensive. Not a patch and the Colmans in Ocean Road. Try them both and compare.

1  Thank Ernest C
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Booked in advance for a family celebration, had to wait a little as they were really busy but all our starters and mains were served pretty much together considering there were 14 of us. The starters were delicious, my son had the calamari and he'd already had the prawn cocktail at the bar both of which were very tasty, my oh had the fish goujons which were perfect, I tried the seafood curry for the first time and was so glad I had, it's so tasty , has a bit of a kick to it , well worth trying, others had the steak - perfect, grilled fish - beautiful, scallops- delicious. We all had a wonderful night with many of the party saying they must return.
Thank you Colmans, for fabulous food and great service.

1  Thank annstorm