“Excellent value for quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Essys

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bedlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

A quiet wednesday night we arrived at Essys at 20:30, (two other place closed alreadt!!) only one other table occupied. Staff were all extremley friendly. The food was well presented and very tasty. We were never hurried from our table and left just before 23:00 having been well looked after and feeling very satisfied. We had a fish and a chicken main course. Two puddings and 4 beers and the bill was under £40. Excellent value.

• Visited March 2011

North Shields, United Kingdom
“Top rated italian restuarant !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have been several times in Essys restaurant and always i enjoyed with the excellent service that they have to offer.The atmosfer been very warm and friendly, the foods were great, lovely and not expensive. last time i had a party there everyone really enjoyed of delicious and very fantastic service, i would recommend everybody try it and have a fabulous knight in there. Thanks very much to the excellent managing.

• Visited January 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience something new, You wont regret it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I was looking for a restaurant to take my parents and after searching for good restaurants near the area, we all agreed to try Essy's after i had heard from my friend that the food and service was excellent.... I just had to try it, and i must say that the quality of the food was amazing, You have so much choice at Essy's and I really didnt know what to pick from the menu. We didnt wait too long for food or drinks. Another positive point about this restaurant was that we were greeted with a warm smile and my dad especially started chatting with the staff! They treated us with so much respect that i just had to return another day.... I telephoned Essy's and reserved a table for Friday as my parents requested to go again!
So, at the end of the day you just have to try different restaurants and I would definatley advise you to try Essy's as you will not want to go anywhere else!
www.essys.co.uk

1 Thank Emma_Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“mr diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

i have been in essys last sat is very cosy and situated in great place is was my second time there. staff are very friendly service was great i had king prown picante for starter which was fantastic for main i had chicken kiev i realy recomed it for anyone plan to visit essys. after all is great place i will go back soon.

“We waited an hour between courses and at...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

We waited an hour between courses and at times felt we'd actually been forgotton about. Service was pretty poor, we had to track staff to order drinks so ended up spending most on our evening waiting for courses without a drink. After waiting an our for our main meal, one meal was completely missed out and the restaurant had ran out of vegtables for two other meals which hadn't even been noticed until the meals were served. There was a strong smell of grease that was uncomfortable and left people complaining of the smell. After spending over two hours waiting for a starter and main meal we didn't bother looking at the sweet menu at the thought of waiting another hour. Overall I was very dissapointed by such service which was topped off by an unitemised bill. I've heard a few people recommend this restaurant however after my experience I won't be venturing back which is a shame with the nice surroundings.