“Distinctly average”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Distinctly average low cost Italian food. Nothing special and not the cheapest happy hour around.
Furnishings were aiming for the traditional shabby chic look but felt it just looked grubby. Various articles : old umbrellas and crates behind doors and poorly maintained gardens. Likely wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Very nice Italian restaurant. Very quiet, peaceful place, ideal for a date. Service is excellent. Food is great. Starred are not good value however.

1  Thank horse_tin
Reviewed 31 March 2011

A quiet wednesday night we arrived at Essys at 20:30, (two other place closed alreadt!!) only one other table occupied. Staff were all extremley friendly. The food was well presented and very tasty. We were never hurried from our table and left just before 23:00 having been well looked after and feeling very satisfied. We had a fish and a chicken main course. Two puddings and 4 beers and the bill was under £40. Excellent value.

Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have been several times in Essys restaurant and always i enjoyed with the excellent service that they have to offer.The atmosfer been very warm and friendly, the foods were great, lovely and not expensive. last time i had a party there everyone really enjoyed of delicious and very fantastic service, i would recommend everybody try it and have a fabulous knight in there. Thanks very much to the excellent managing.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I was looking for a restaurant to take my parents and after searching for good restaurants near the area, we all agreed to try Essy's after i had heard from my friend that the food and service was excellent.... I just had to try it, and i must say that the quality of the food was amazing, You have so much choice at Essy's and I really didnt know what to pick from the menu. We didnt wait too long for food or drinks. Another positive point about this restaurant was that we were greeted with a warm smile and my dad especially started chatting with the staff! They treated us with so much respect that i just had to return another day.... I telephoned Essy's and reserved a table for Friday as my parents requested to go again!
So, at the end of the day you just have to try different restaurants and I would definatley advise you to try Essy's as you will not want to go anywhere else!
www.essys.co.uk