“Home from home”

Kingsmere Guest House
Ranked #5 of 25 South Shields B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this lovely hotel many times for work and recently I took my family because I love the place , the owners are very friendly and can't do enough for ya .
The rooms are very spacious and very clean and we'll kept ,the breakfast is very nice and they cater for all tastes . Me and my kids love this place and I would highly recommend it to anyone .

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I booked a room last minute after receiving an unexpected invite to a new friend's birthday party.and we were looking for some reasonably priced accommodation The kingsmere guest house was chosen on the strength of the glowing reports of previous guests.
What a let down this proved to be for us,the allocated room bore no resemblance to the photos of rooms featured in trip advisor in actual fact the room was small cluttered and overlooking a dreary backyard.The bed was very uncomfortable and well past its sell by date there was a distinct lack of ambiance and the room could do with a good makeover to say the least !!A notice on the wall in the hallway displayed room tariffs which were out of date as they did not reflect current charges.
Unfortunately the owners were away on holiday whilst we were there otherwise we would has complained in no uncertain terms and we felt it would be unfair to complain to the people how were temporarily looking after the place.
We were charged £55 for the night B & B for a room worth no more than £25 to £30 per night so in essence we were charged top dollar for what was probably the worst room in the guest house !.So a word of advice avoid at all costs Room 2 and if possible have a look at your allocated room prior to booking.The only good thing I could say was that the breakfast was very nice with adequate portions.

Room Tip: Get owners to send photo of room before you commit to avoid the disappointment we experienced
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ken A
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We came up for a friends wedding in tynemouth but chose here because of the trip advisor scores and reviews.
I have to say we were not disappointed after a long drive from Birmingham
Good clean room good ensuite
Friendly owners. Very good breakfast with lots of choice.
A very pleasant stay and very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

First time in South Shields, could not have found a better Host & Accommodation. Russell was very helpful & cooked a 1st Class breakfast. Although 3 flights of stairs, the room was clean & spacious with a top floor view & en-suite bathroom, TV, video & mini fridge inc. The room, hotel & location was very quiet & peaceful.
Russell has a good knowledge of the area & did not disappoint with his recommendations.
The location was excellent for the beach and the many restaurants along the main street. We would recommend Spice Garden Indian. Superb food & 1st class service.
Would not hesitate to stay at Kingsmere Guesthouse again. Great base to ALL amenities.

Room Tip: TOP Floor room although 3 flights of stairs is quiet, spacious and has en-suite bathroom and street...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

First time I stayed in Kingsmere Gust House was in Oct 2010. Now it's 2013 and every time I visit South Shields to attend my courses in the South Tyne college I only stay with them. I feel like I'm home. Quiet clean, great location and beautiful house.
Nice breakfast and the most important thing is Pauline and Russel . They are great hosts and their willingness to assist with problems is awesome. I consider them as my friends and my second family in UK.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Stayed for nearly 3 weeks whilst working there and really enjoyed it. Great location for the coast and a short walk to the metro, great choice of restaurants near by.
Russell is a great host, first class breakfast, stayed in a single room which was comfortable and clean. Great power shower, slept over looking the street and no real noise problems.
Cant recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Really enjoyed my (lengthy) stay at the Kingsmere, the guest house is very clean, the bedroom that I stayed in was very comfortable and I always managed to get a good sleep during my stay. As already mentioned several times in other reviews, the breakfast is great and sets you up for the day. Russell and Pauline are great at running the guest house...I would definately stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 25 in South Shields
Elmswood Guest House
Elmswood Guest House
#6 of 25 in South Shields

Been to Kingsmere Guest House? Share your experiences!