“Food Review”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in South Shields
Bishop Auckland, England, United Kingdom
“Food Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Where to start. from arriving at the reception desk to paying our bill, a significantly high standard of customer service was received. Before dining, we had a drink in the bar area. spacious yet still warm and welcoming with friendly staff. The restaurant itself is totally first class. immaculate white table cloths and a really well presented table. relaxing music was played at low volume in the background. Our waiter 'Chris' was extremely helpful and always there when we needed something. He was able to join with the occasional conversation as he served us while still remaining extremely professional. He was able to recommend a delicious wine based on the food that we had ordered. The food itself was excellent in my book. It was well presented and absolutely delicious. also, the portion sizes were perfect for us. A satisfying quantity of food that didn't leave you feeling like you had overindulged. The Sea Hotel provides a warm and friendly atmosphere, while still providing that excellent standard of customer service. I must also mention that all of the staff were wearing tidy, well laundered uniforms. most professional. Everyone did all they could to make our visit enjoyable. We will certainly be returning in the future. Also, extremely good value for money. we all had a four course meal and we shared a bottle of wine. It came to less than £25 a head. I expected it to be rather pricey but was pleasantly surprised. Sea Hotel, Don't change a thing!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Where do I start? We held an 85th Party for my Dad in the Schooner Suite on 23rd February and booked accommodation for 20 plus of our Family and Friends. All I can say is WOW what a night. From first meeting with Alan Watson the Manager to plan the event right through to the end of the party everyting was first class.
The party itself has had comments including "Best Party Ever" and "When can we do it again".Everything was perfect and the staff were fab.
My family who stayed in the Hotel many of whom use major large hotel chains through their work passed comment on the Hospitality and friendlyness of Staff and everyone enjoyed their breakfasts the next morning - perfect hangover cure I think!!!
Could I take this opportunity to pass on all our sincere thanks to Alan Watson and his team for providing such a professional but extremely friendly service to all our family and friends and helping make my Dads 85th Birthday extra special.

This maybe a 3star Hotel but the Staff give 5star service

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great hotel, rooms very clean and comfortable, wonderful staff especially night security man . Nice breakfast too. Good location. Stayed sat night and ended up at this hotel as first hotel went to was awful. Was so pleased when we arrived at the sea hotel. Made our weekend .Will defo stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights while on College course, booked by Company but will recommend use again. Room excellent, opposite amusement park but no noise heard. Staff all friendly and welcoming, particularly in restaurant. Food excellent, had "whale" and chips on last night, well cooked and sizeable portions...... Free WiFi distinct bonus and secure parking.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights over a 2 week period and was very happy, with only a couple of concerns.

The 1st week I was on the second floor on the side of the hotel next to the amusement arcade. However, so few people seemed to be using the amusements that I didn't have any problems sleeping. There was a very creaky door in the corridor, which I meant to mention, but I managed to get enough sleep anyway.

The second week I was on the 1st floor and the hot water to my room took a long time to get through. I didn't know, and no one warned me although I was told it's a well known problem with the room I had, that you have to run the hot tap for 5 minutes to get hot water. I bet the water authority love this idea...

The staff were helpful and pleasant and, on my last night when I had tried several restaurants on Ocean Road, only to be disappointing by either the service or lack of anything on the menu that was listed, came up with a very nice plate of sandwiches and crisps that stopped me having to go to bed without eating anything.

I would stay at this hotel again, but would wish that there were better restaurants that actually served what they said that they had on their menus in the area.

I'm giving the rooms average because of the problem with the hot water that I wasn't told about and had to find out the hard way through freezing cold showers and washing/shaving for several days.

Room Tip: If there's no hot water, turn all the hot taps on and wait for 5 minutes.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Balsall Common, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

It's a 1 night business stay and it is what the title says. Room only has a single bed but the staff are excellent and can't do enough. The location is right on the promenade and the local town centre is a 10 minute walk.

Good to see free wifi and secure parking. The rooms are comfortable but really could do with updating especially the bathroom. All in all you can't complain for sixty pounds

• Stayed February 2013
Bmth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Hotel last weekend along with out two boxer dogs. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The staff are fantastic and hotel comfortable. Very Very pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
TheSeaHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments.

Alan Watson
Athol House
Athol House
#5 of 6 in South Shields
Premier Inn North Shields (Ferry Terminal) Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN The Sea Hotel? Share your experiences!