My husband ans I booked a a nice table for 2 (6x) in the restaurant and had a drink in the bar waiting for the table to be vacated.The head waiter (Chris) who was a little over friendly gave us the a la carte menu which was not that interesting but that is what was on offer.We were taken to our table and we ordered.We had to ask for the bread basket which arrived after our starter with the wine.We then had the pricey main course and have to say all of the food served was very average.We sat waiting for the dessert menu and again had to ask for it and one of the young waitresses brought this.This included a table d'hote menu which we had not seen and on telling the waitress her reaction was that she had not served us so in effect not her fault. I spoke with the Head Waiter who basically said thats unlucky as all of the menu should have been available and he would speak with the manager but alas that did not happen. In effect the secondary menu looked good with a whole lot more choices at much more reasonable prices. I think my husband and I would have been okay if the food quality from the a la carte menu was good but as I said very average. The result was we paid a lot more for the meal than we would have if we had the opportunity of seeing all that was available plus the have to say the waiting staff need to be a lot more attentive and professional than was demonstrated on that evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flat screen television. Freeview and terrestrial channels. Free High Speed Wi-Fi Internet connection. Direct dial telephone. Hairdryer. Trouser press. Tea & coffee making facilities. All come as standard in Best Western - The Sea Hotel bedrooms. Our hotel annex provides five extra bedrooms for disabled customers. Secured private car park. Friendly Pub. Private restaurant. Bar. Conference & Event rooms. We have everything you need for a relaxing enjoyable stay at the Sea Hotel in South Shields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western The Sea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Shields
- South Shields Best Western
- Best Western Newcastle Upon Tyne