“Disappointing. ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Disappointing. ”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

A confusing 'offer' menu. Looks like burger and a pint for £4.99. It's not. You could get one burger type with a drink for this price. I ordered a double stack burger. So over cooked, it was vile. Clearly pre cooked then heated to order. So many other places around of a similar price. I won't come here again.

2 Thank Scott D

“Adequate but slow”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Very slow, didn't have alot of the things on the menu, couldn't serve fish and chips as they didn't have it available. Very, very slow service of over a hours wait, but food was good quality. I could ramble on about how bad it was but to be honest it was nice for a meal, just slow and unprepared. I think new management is needed here, thats the only issue.

1 Thank Sean M
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good points? Erm nope”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After visiting other Hungry Horse pubs we thought that the food would the same standard, how wrong we were. I ordered a cheese burger with chips, my boyfriend ordered mixed grill and my daughter had a kids meal which was a burger. Presentation of the meals was terrible. My meal arrived with a warmish burger on a stale bun with chips and a dollop of ketchup splated in the plate. My boyfriend s mixed grill comprised of a small leathery peice of steak, a burnt egg, gammon, chips and very very over cooked hard chewy tiny chicken breast. My daughter's meal arrived with freezing cold curly fries. The pub itself is very tired looking. We found one set of toilets totally out of order so we walked to the other side of the pub to the other toilets to find only 2 working. We definitely won't be making a trip back here.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Louise M
“Never again!! AVOID”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Terrible food, terrible staff, terrible management and to top it off a dirty old looking hungry horse!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Brownchristina85
South Shields, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“party”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently had my birthday celebration at the Sundial and was appalled by the lack of communication from the staff and I did not get the arranged buffet or correct amount of tables for the amount I had catered for the table cloths were like bed sheets that had been slept in. When I emailed Simon after my party to complain (Simon was who was dealing with my party) he never replied to any of my emails. There was also a shortage on drinks no beers just lager and limited choice on spirits. I definitely do not recommend this as a function room.

• Visited July 2014