Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Washington
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“brilliant tine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed overnight on a special deal with a treatment and meal and breakfast next day!!! Great value for money! Meal was absolutely enormous only managed 2 courses not a criticism mind!!! Staff were brilliant! Treatment was amazing well worth our money!! My only issue would be the jacuzzi needed a clean but we did not notice till it turned off and we could not turn back on!!! This was my second time and I will defo go back!!
Rooms were fab very clean indeed well done George Washington!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda O
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure the Spa Bath cleanliness is reviewed and improved for the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Martin Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

fantastic stay lovely spa pool. The room was lovely roomy and comfortable. Didn't have any food as it was a bit pricey and there were other pubs/takeaways nearby. The hot chocolate was lush. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Caron R
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last week and would highly recommend this hotel. From the outside it looks a bit tired and dated so I wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised.

My bedroom and en-suite was spotless. Even had a decent Iron and board in the ample wardrobe.The breakfast was really good and they fry the eggs to order which is great. The staff were all polite and efficient.

Special mention goes to Gary the duty Manager who never seems to stop but took time to recommend places of interest we may like to visit. Also, when houskeeping forgot to leave my daughter clean towels a quick call to reception saw Gary straight along with fresh towels. Excellent.

If we are ever in the area again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jellycat11
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, 22 May 2014

Jarrow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a fantastic overnight stay over a weekend period. Sat/Sun. The receptionist upon arrival was pleasant and helpful. We had a well furnished room and on the Saturday evening enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant. Good food and excellent service by pleasant staff.
The breakfast the following morning was also very good..
There is a pleasant lounge area where you can sit and chat or watch the TV etc.
We have since returned on Saturday evenings just for a meal in the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon F
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Hi I stayed in this hotel while I was visiting family x the rooms were a nice size just right for myself , the rooms were outstanding for been clean couldn't fault at all , the house keepers do a great job keepin on top . As I used to be a house keeper for years the first thing I do is check for how clean rooms are . But I am now retired , please give the house keepers thumbs up for the work they do as I felt when I done the job we got forgot about the hard work we do . I did not eat or drink at hotel as I was out all day with family but next time I will do x very nice polite people

• Stayed March 2014
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and experienced good housekeeping standards. Certainly, the housekeeping department of any hotel are the unseen heroes and I am pleased you were able to praise their hard work.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a family room which was very spacious, clean , warm and comfortable. Used the gym, which was very well equipped and the pool, which was rather narrow and hardly wide enough for 2 to swim side by side. Had the 3 course evening meal, it was delicious. I had the pork ball curry, one of the best curries I have tasted, excellent. Only downside was the noise the young adults made returning to their rooms in the early hours. If it had not been for that I would have given it a 5 rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Caroline B
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry you experienced some noise disturbance from other guests at the hotel.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Martin Hall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Holiday Inn Washington
#1 of 1 in West Boldon
Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth...
#23 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#8 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!