“Hard Hard Beds” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Washington
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Hard Hard Beds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Beds are hard and uncomfortable. They offer a guarantee that if you dont have a goods nights sleep you dont have to pay. I was only refunded for one of my 3 nights and this was at the lowest cost. I had to sleep in my young sons bed. Some staff nice and helpful but I encountered one lady who did not care that I had not slept well that night, or if my future nights were comfortable.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
opsmgrwashington, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hi, I hope you are well.

Thank you kindly for your recent feedback, this is very much appreciated.

I was disapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the shortfalls that you experienced on this occassion.

At Premier Inn we guarantee a good nights sleep, if on this ocassion you have not received this, please contact me directly at the hotel if at all possible to discuss this further.

Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Aaron Beswick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed one night here while visiting Newcastle. We arrived to a very friendly welcome and had a great nights sleep. Very good breakfast in the morning with lots of choice and very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Fantastic value especially for my daughter who had a free breakfast.

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Comfortable overnight stay on a visit to Beamish Museum. We had a spacious and clean room on the ground floor, overlooking the car park. As a budget hotel this ticks most of the boxes . Hotel guests seemed to be a mix of tourists and those staying on business. Breakfast is available in hotel or at the less expensive adjacent Toby Inn. The hotel reception staff have discount vouchers for places of interest, e.g. Beamish and the adjacent Toby Inn. Minor negatives included faulty shower gel dispenser, view from room (to car park and building site) and the fact that this location is anonymous and could be anywhere (near a motorway), any town in the UK. Hotel staff, particularly Lyn, were helpful and friendly. We would return to this hotel for a short stay and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Request a room on upper floors for better 'views'
Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here for a weekend break over 2 nights between 11th October and the 13th October 2013. Check in was easy and pain free as you'd expect from Premier Inn. The room was as expected from a Premier Inn, only complaint with it was the fact the bed squeaked everytime I rolled over. Breakfast was really nice and a special mention has to go to LES who was extremely friendly and we enjoyed chatting with him after our meal. The staff were also spot on with their advise about the Metro Centre in Newcastle, "It's a great place for women with money to spend" it's a still a good day out for all. First night we ate at the Toby Carvery across the Car Park, the food was nice, service was good and atmosphere was good as well. Some reviews about food I think are referring to "Chavvys" which is a sports bar across the road and is nothing to do with Premier Inn. ONCE AGAIN IF ANYONE FROM PREMIER INN WASHINGTON IS LOOKING AT THIS REVIEW PLEASE GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO LES

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy3665
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked this accomodation for 2 night's (Sat & Sun) because of it's proximity to the Beamish open air museum and we found it ideally located for visiting the museum on the Sunday. I booked the room in advance online so was able to get one of the night's for £29 & the other for £47 under the Premier Saver. Travelling on Saturday I didn't take the SatNav instructions to turn to the letter and we found ourselves in a 30 minute + post football match traffic tailback to correct ourselves at the next roundabout. When the SatNav tells you to turn, do turn, they are not always wrong!! On our arrival we found the car park busy especially with the Toby Carvery next door sharing the same car park but spaces were available near the Premier Inn. On going to reception we were very warmly greeted & made to feel welcomed & the lady on reception very quickly brought calm to our travel calamity frazzled states of mind & gently booked us in explaining the great night's sleep guarantee etc. The staff were extremely pleasant throughout our stay & helped us in every way they could including giving us discount vouchers for Beamish (very much appreciated & also applied to the concessionary rate as well) & directions for getting there & directions for getting back into the road network on our departure. The room we found was very acceptable for our stay & our initial concerns, going by other reviewers, of our room facing the Toby pub were quickly dismissed as the windows were extremely sound proofed & we didn't hear one bit of disturbance from there & with the very comfortable bed & pillows we definitely did have 2 great night's sleep. Cleanliness throughout & the en-suite facilities (shower only) were excellent. The only let down & why I didn't give an excellent marking was with the meals not being more affordable & we would have preferred to have stayed in-house rather than going across to the Toby pub. The breakfast for an example was twice the price (though includes cereals & a drink) than across at the Toby and even with the Premier Inn meal deal of £22.99 per person for a meal & breakfast we still saved £40 in total by going across to the Toby. All in all though a very good stay & we will certainly use Premier Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Which in most cases people wont get what they pay for.
I got this a 'secret' hotel deal on lastminute for £20 less than their advertised rate.
This made it worthwhile but had I paid what they wanted then it would have been a rip off.

Check in was standard, not what they big it up to be.
Internet is available but is extortionately priced, thankfully I can tether from my phone.
The menu at the restaurant is limited and expensive - the chips were hard and tasteless.

The room was tiny, bathroom even smaller - could have showered, pee'd and brushed my teeth all standing in the same spot.

The Tv is freeview but half the channels don't work and there is no shortage of notices telling you that they have adult films available on pay per view - wouldnt be great for a family.

Not the hotels fault but a drunk old scottish man was flirting with me at the bar. I'm a 25 year old lad and he was in his 60's

If anyone in a room 5 rooms either side flushes their toilet or has a shower you're gonna hear about it.

wouldnt stay again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
opsmgrwashington, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you kindly for your recent feedback, this is very much appreciated.

We take great pride in what we do here at Premier Inn and I will ensure that all your feedback is actioned where possible at the nearest opportunity.

I will pass your comments on to the Toby Carvery next door relating to your restaurant experience also on your behalf.

Best Regards,
Aaron Beswick.
Hiroshima, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I enjoyed staying. Betty's kindness is impressive in the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
#5 of 6 in Washington
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 20 in Gateshead

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel? Share your experiences!