“Nice, clean, well situated for A1”

Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. The staff on reception were great, with a lovely welcome and answering all the questions I didn't know I had. Room was clean and well set up, kettle, hairdryer - all you need. There is no onsite restaurant but a pub opposite. Pub food was good and cheap even if the service was slow. Not a bad option if you don't fancy travelling far. Also worth mentioning that there is a large car park and no competition for do spaces if you arrive late. If you want to be in Newcastle there are better situated hotels especially as when heading north you will hit the very congested Western Bypass which will delay you in rush hour. All in all - can't fault the hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 6/2/14 on a last minute business stay and is in a great location just minutes off the A1m!
The room I stayed in was a basic standard room, no thrills style bathroom without a bath and an old style shower with a fusty smelling shower curtain, and a door that if your not careful using will trap your fingers against the shower!
The bed was comfy but super hard pillows, including spare ones!
My biggest annoyance with the room was the heating system, boy was it the most annoying thing in the world, the thermostat box next to the bed kept clicking every 10 mins or so and was really loud. The actual heat in the room sounded like someone was banging metal pipes all night!
Needless to say I had a very restless night with very little sleep!
The staff I would say are very very nice and make you feel welcome and cannot do enough for you and are a true credit to a hotel in need of some renovation!
Other than what I have wrote about it's not an overly bad hotel a and maybe I was just unlucky with the room!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
opsmgrwashington, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello, I hope you are all well.

Thank you firstly for your recent review, your feedback is much appreciated.

Further your review, we have since had our maintenance team review the thermostats in every room and after being highlighted, have actually replaced a couple that were dated and in need of a new unit to avoid this happening again where possible.

If you ever have any questions or need help in any way, please remember we have one our wonderful team available at reception 24 hours a day with the good night guarantee.

I hope this will not stop you from revisiting us as myself and the team look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Aaron Beswick.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the night of Tuesday 4th February 2014. The hotel was very easy to find. The cark park was fairly full. I thought the reception of the hotel was brilliant and the receptionist, Lyn, was probably the best of the Premier Inn Hotels that I have stayed in.
The breakfast is served in the hotel and not as some at adjoining restaurants.
I stayed on the top third floor and there is a good lift.
There was some road noise and I guess one side of the hotel would be quieter which I think is the odd numbered rooms.

Room Tip: I think the odd numbered rooms may be quieter as I stayed in an even numbered room on the third floo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

high standard of cleanliness - room, bathroom, dining area - exceptionally friendly but professional staff and really made to feel welcome at home. So many hotels do so well at the reception stage but then ... Noticed a comment elsewhere about TVs but my room had great flat screen TV mounted on wall. The breakfast was excellent and served in a small (but well-spaced) dining area. if you want a meal there are two options - a Toby Carvery (fairly typical) and a pub (that I now wish I'd tried instead of Toby).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently stayed here with 2 grandchildren aged 5 and 7. From the minute we arrived till we left the staff were fantastic and this really made us feel welcome and at home. They took time to speak to the children and they thought it was "the best premier inn in the world". The hotel is spotlessly clean and rooms are very quiet. The breakfast was amazing. We stayed here as we were visiting Beamish and we will not hesitate to stay here again. Fantastic!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
opsmgrwashington, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hello, I hope you are all well.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to yourselves and the other recent reviewers for your wonderful feedback which we review daily and share amongst the team.

We are all so pleased that you have all enjoyed your time with us and have taken time out of your day to give us your very kind feedback, this is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Aaron Beswick.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

You have an extremely friendly and efficient staff here-most impressive and worthy of a 10 out of 10 rating! Thank you so much. A slendid breakfast also -good food and well served. We shall come again.!

Room Tip: Ground floor was very handy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times with business. Never disappointed with this PI. Rooms nice, staff nice, breakfast nice. Location a bit strange (just off A1 near Washington) but ideal for my business location. TVs need updating to LCD, other than that very good.

• Stayed: January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
#3 of 6 in Washington
#5 of 18 in Durham
Travelodge Washington A1M Southbound
Travelodge Washington A1 M Northbound
Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel? Share your experiences!