“Great Value all round!”

Campanile Hotel Washington
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2013

First time we decided to use this group of hotels. We were very impressed at the price per room per night. When we arrived, the receptionist couldn't have been more friendly. Nothing was to much trouble. We had booked a disabled double room and found the room very spacious for my electric wheelchair. The room was clean as was both the décor and the bed clothes. No pictures on the wall, if there had of been, the room we had, I would have been making a direct comparison with the Premier Lodge, but there wasn't, yet the rooms were half the price of that charged by Premier Lodge.
We had a preview of the menu in the bedroom and thought that the prices charged were extreme, NO NEED TO WORRY, when we went to the restaurant, there were quite a number of contractors there that were using the hotel. Each meal was served up as man sized portions and easily were worth the asking price. One suggestion I would make to Campanile is on the menu, list all what is given on the plate, not just the main ingredients. Not doing so, could put a lot of people off from visiting the restaurant.
Overall verdict, clean, helpful and enjoyable. What more do you want for a couple of nights stay. Highly recommended and great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Could expect a lot more from a budget hotel, rooms ok although rather small and not the cleanest. Went for something to eat in the restaurant and were told we couldn't eat until later as a party of 20 people were due in 45 minutes!! It was quite a drive to somewhere else if you didn't fancy a carvery at the pub down the road. A sign in the bathroom made me laugh 'Bath mat available at reception' I really cant get my head around that one! A towel did the job. Wish I'd taken some pictures as the ones on here are obviously out of date. Stayed in better places for a lot less money!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Marc C
Reviewed 8 April 2013

great value, good breakfasts, perfect location for easy access to Beamish, Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle and we took the dogs with us - brilliant

Ideal for touring the north east - or for staying over if going to a football match - will definitely go back

Room Tip: Basic and not big rooms but clean and very functional
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CityFan40
Reviewed 30 March 2013

On my arrival at washington i was greeted by someone pretending being manager but didnt at all look like a manager he was quite abrupt at check in. I was expecting my experience to be as dull as my first impression however when i arrived in my bedroom although the room needed updating i cudnt find anything bad to say about the cleanliness and the tea and coffee facility provided me with a warm cuppa had dinner in the restaurant on the night time wich was lovely and the staff made me feel like i was at home. would i stay here again.... yes but management need training on good manners as they seem to have changed since last time lacking the french touch it used to have

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank carl6586
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here as the other hotels I usually stay at in the northeast were full, I didn't expect the hotel to be a high standard when I was quoted such a low rate! On arrival the welcome was exceptional and informative, the room had everything albeit the decor needs a makeover but at the bargain rate don't expect perfection. The restaurant staff and food was again very good and great value,I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed in hotel room only for 5 nights.
We found hotel clean and tidy and all staff very helpful.
Rooms were extremely comfortable and quiet!!
Showers fantastic.
Pound for pound beats Hilton any time

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Me and a few mates stayed here last weekend. The hotel is basic and has all the essentials. it is also clean and tidy and the bar food is limited but very tasty :) The staff are very busy, but are extremely friendly and hospitable ! especially kirsty, who works the bar and food and also the reception. She was very cheerful, outgoing and had a smile that could light up a room. I forgot my phone charger , and kirsty was good enough to let me borrow her own charger overnight. Thats what I call exceptional customer service. I would definately return to the campanile !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Holiday Inn Washington
Lumley Castle Hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 18 in Durham
Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa

Been to Campanile Hotel Washington? Share your experiences!