“Terrible staff, good food”
Review of Rose & Castle

Rose & Castle
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ansty
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Probably listed as Pub near the M6 Jct.2 in a place called Ansty
“Terrible staff, good food”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Visited Friday 21st February from 7:30pm to about 11pm as part of a party of ten people celebrating a work colleague’s birthday.
In short the food was good, served in good time and received hot and well presented.
The attitude of some of the staff was terrible all the way through the evening.
Annoyance was initially shown as 4 of our group could not attend (table was booked for 14) due to illness. Staff were then annoyed that one of us was about 20 minutes late, which was due to work and unforeseen.
We ordered starters which arrived very quickly. I then watched one staff member in particular constantly watching how fast we were eating and was getting more visibly impatient and they were even discussing this with another staff member, both of them looking at our unfinished plates. Fortunately the birthday girl did not see this.
This behaviour continued all evening. I felt very uncomfortable and very annoyed. Our tables were not needed for other visitors and there were other people there eating their meals and having drinks as late as we were, not that this is an excuse for feeling rushed but I was looking for reasons for this behaviour.
We were not noisy or rowdy or rude even to the staff.
Personally I have been visiting this restaurant with work colleagues about twice a year for 5 years, others have been coming longer and the standards have been dropping each time I have visited.
Some of the people I work with did not attend on this occasion and never will again due to previous issues with food and service. I quote one friend stating that the Rose and Castle has “delusions of grandeur” and I agree as the food was good but has previously been very good. I am shocked at the service.
This has been a very nice place to eat and drink in the past and is very cosy inside and understandably very busy but I will not go again until I hear things have improved.
It’s horrible to leave a bad review but I am very angry at how my friends have been treated here on Friday and previously.

1 Thank KerWay22

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Nipped in on the off chance saturday lunch time, all tables were reserved but bar man told us to choose from 1 of 2 tables available.
Before we had sat down he was asking what drinks we wanted, by the time he came back he asked what food we wanted.
My husbands food was just about ok, my Lasagne was a square lump of stodge made from cheese no sauce and very very dry which had been (Nuked) microwaved to death the cheese was so strong and stringy it was inedible, and disgusting was the only word to describe it, but then it was buy 1 get 1 free so what did i really expect never ever again.

2 Thank rosieLeicestershire
Bulkington, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and great food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Came on a busy Saturday night booked a table for 12. The staff couldn't do any more for us. The food was all lovely hot and all came out together
They have a very big menu so there was something for us all
Would like to thank the staff for making my wife's 60th one to remember

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal, great staff, excellent eveing”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We booked a table for 12 at the Rose & Castle for my wife's birthday, and had a great evening.
The staff were pleasant and very accommodating - they allowed us to decorate the table with balloons and even bring our own birthday cake. There was an extensive menu to choose from and the food was delicious and served piping hot - which is not easy given that we were a large party. There was a lovely atmosphere - no loud music, just background music and the gentle hum of conversations at other tables.
The prices are very reasonable given the excellent quality of the food and the wonderful service. Our bill worked out at around £30 per head for three courses, drinks and coffee.
We will definitely be going again - and soon!

Coventry
“Excellent food at Rose & Castle Ansty”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a meal on New Years Eve and were delighted with the quality of food and the helpful staff,
They have an extensive menu which caters for a wide range of tastes and the quality is excellent.
The drinks range is great and prices are competitive,
Would recommend a visit.