We stayed here in October for four days on a Shearing's Self Drive Break. Having been on many of their breaks in different parts of the country, I would judge the Pheasant Hotel as one of their better hotels .Reception staff upon arrival were polite and efficient, as a person suffering from limited mobility we were allocated a room across the courtyard from the main facilities. Our room was of good size with very comfortable beds, excellent and modern on -suite facilities and very clean throughout, our room was very quiet and we slept well, the room was cleaned daily and supplied with clean towels. All the staff we came in contact with were helpful and polite. The food at the hotel varied from day to day The fixed menu at dinner was limited the 'Chefs Specials' were for the most part uninspiring, the portions at dinner were small, but mostly well cooked. We have noticed a substantial decline in the evening meal value provided over the last few years, during our visits to this chain of hotels? Breakfasts were however very good, with an excellent choice available, served promptly by very polite and friendly dinning room staff. Evening entertainment would have added value to our stay, a quiz being presented on one night only, a limiting factor may be that there is insufficient lounge accommodation should everyone decide to attend, many people attending the quiz having to sit outside the lounge area at dining room tables?
We would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel in the future and would recommend it to anyone seeking to take a very reasonably priced break in the beautiful countryside around Stratford upon Avon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel