“what a lovely surprise! find out more and why you can get a free scooter”

The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlecote
GreenLeadersBronze level
kent
“what a lovely surprise! find out more and why you can get a free scooter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Wonderful hotel.small homely, staff ? couldnt fault them,and what can I say about the food,we enjoyed it all.I went with a disabled husband,and we could go thro another entrance into the dining room, we even has reserved placed on our table as my husband has problems, so we had our own table to save rushing.
Our room was lovely and in a little block near the dining area, as warm as you wanted it, and so clean. The bar staff I had a good laugh with them.
NOW...... tip number one..... the deer park is £6-50 pp to go thro the gate, so if you have a wheel chair, its gravel all the way. Bus passes can be used, just outside the gate is the bus stop.
In Stratford if you go to the mobility centre nr the Leisure Centre, they will let you have a scooter for a few hours..........FREE....... all you have to do If you want that is,
is give a donation.
I could not have pushed my husband all over Stratford,however you can hire for the week £15
thats all it costs. We didnt want to leave, Oh and take a pack of cards or a game as there isnt any entertainment, but we found lots of good company.
Oh I forgot the sleeping bit.........We slept! it was sooooooo quiet.

Room Tip: We has room number 5....... cant say about the others, very interesting layout
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Wow many thanks for such a great review, I and all the team are happy that you both enjoyed your visit and Room 5, Many thanks for the tips regarding the mobility scooters I'm sure all our readers will find this usefull. Hope it wont be too long till you return Regards John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I met a friend here at this hotel for a 3 night weekend break. I have been away with Shearings before and have found hotel and board excellent value for money, this hotel was no different.
We went to Stratford for the day on Saturday and went across to the Charlcote Park on Sunday, the weather was kind and we had lovely days out.
I have said in a previous review that yes one could find fault if one wanted to but I can only repeat excellent value for money.
Rooms, clean, bright and comfortable.
I found all the staff at The Pheasant very helpful, polite and happy to serve us.
No biscuits on the complimentary tea tray I found a bit mean.
Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan_KKent
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us. We do pride ourselves in providing excellent value for money breaks ,and it is always great to find out that you agree. I shall pass on all your kind comments to the team. regards John
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival you feel like you are in the wrong place as there is a frosty welcome from the receptionist making you feel like you shouldn't be there. Once inside the restaurant it looks beautiful and there is a much improved welcome from the restaurant staff. The carvery was ok, but the deserts were a really big let down! Very artificial looking, pre cut on a plate in a chiller, most looking very dry. The one hot desert on offer, the apple crumble, was ok but again not the best, what you would expect from a cheap cafe, as for the ice cream, powdery taste. I would return to the carvery if able to purchase on its own but as they offer 2 courses for £13 I would not return until they greatly improve the deserts on offer as I am not keen on starters. We did not complain as we were catching up with family that we had not see for a while so I did not want to ruin our afternoon. I would most definitely return with friends for a coffee morning or drinks at the bar.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for the review of your recent visit to the Charlecote for Sunday Carvery, whilst most of your comments were positive, I was concerned regarding the welcome you received on arrival at the Hotel, and shall certainly look into this We offer a very good Value for Money Carvery With a good selection of Starters and Desserts
On Sunday the Desserts we served were Blackcurrant and Vanilla Bavarois, Toffee Apple Fudge Cake and Hot Apple crumble a good selection which was well received by other customers. It is unfortunate that you didn’t enjoy any of these however; we do hope that you shall return
Regards John
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I could write many words to sum up our holiday, but I think excellent is the main one. Excellent value for money, excellent coach, driver and excursions, nice area visiting Stratford Upon Avon Warwick Castle and town, Evesham Country Park, the Cotswolds and Leamington Spa.
The hotel was excellent, friendly and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. We had an excellent standard room equipped with everything you really need.
The Restaurant was superb with first class service, with an excellent choice of well cooked and well presented meals in the included price, not forgetting the breakfasts as well. On top of this, there was a £25.00 inclusive spending allowance per person for any extra purchases of food and drink from the hotel.
The hotel is well kept, very clean and tidy including the grounds. Did not use fitness and swimming pool.
This holiday and the hotel was a real gem and my wife and I will return for a further stay in the future.

Peter S.

Room Tip: Room 45, large standard room with all necessary facilities.
2 Thank Peter S
Thank you for such a glowing review and I shall certainly pass on all your great comments to the team, Hope it wont be to long till you return Regards John
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We booked this three star hotel via the Coast & Country website and found a friendly, comfortable, quiet hotel with great restaurant in the countryside just outside Stratford -on-Avon. The 4-day half-board deal for £169 was excellent value with the bonus of a £25 per person credit to spend at the bar or on food. The a la carte menu was extensive, with 5 or 6 choices for each course on the set menu, and the service was friendly and efficient. Would certainly visit again.

1 Thank happyramblerKent
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us, I shall pass on your great comments to the Team, we were pleased to read that you certainly enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the Area and we hope it wont be too long till you return. Regards John
Ripley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We met our friends in late february for a 4 day break. Initial reaction to the hotel was good. excellent parking, good location near to Charlcote Park, welcoming reception staff.

Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Some of the reviews I have seen regarding the restaurant I find hard to believe as both dinner and breakfast were of a good standard particularly the variety available at breakfast and the staff were always friendly and attentive.

We all enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Philip C
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Many thanks for writing such a nice review, and I thank you for your positive comments which I shall pass on to the Team, especiaally in Restaurant. I hope it wont be too long till you return
Regards John
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Having stayed at the hotel last year and enjoyed a great weekend there with a small family group, I decided to book rooms for 20+ family guests for the weekend, for my wife's 65th birthday celebration in May this year.
The booking was handled well by the Reservations Dept., but I am more than a little annoyed at having to pay an additional supplementary charge to book one room with a shower instead of a bath, for one of my guests who is unable to use a bath!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PGK2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your future Visit in May with your friends I and the rest of the team look forward to welcoming you back to the Charlecote Pheasant, and I am sure you will all have a pleasant time. With regards to the supplement paid for A room with a walk in shower The £10 paid is to guarantee that room, we only have one room with a walk in shower and with so many requests on bookings which are unguaranteed, The new supplement of £10 guarantees, that you have that specific room and enhances the enjoyment of your holiday, as I have previously said it not a supplement to guarantee a shower but to guarantee that specific room

We look forward to your visit in May. Regards John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlecote
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Ettington Chase Hotel
Ettington Chase Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ettington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,390 reviews

Been to The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!