We booked this hotel for a night en route to Gatwick airport, with a possibility of booking a second night on our return back home. From the website descriptions and photos we expected characterful, beamed rooms - especially at £109 for the room!! However, we were given a "Travelodge" type room in a purpose built block at the rear of the property! The room was a disgrace with bedlinen that didn't fit, hole in bathroom door where a clothes hook had once been etc. We booked a table for an evening meal which was really poor and microwaved!!! I chose what was described as "roasted vegetables" (I am a non meat eater) which, when arrived, was a curry with a popadom. My husband was asked how long he wanted his steak cooking for as he had asked for RARE. We have never been asked this before and the waitress didn't get it when I said it depended on how thick the slice of meat was!!
On checking out (and NOT booking for a return visit!!) I handed over my customer review sheet and the woman took it from me and put it to one side. I pointed out that all of the the remarks were negative - was she not interested? NO and neither was the guy next to her (booted and suited so I assume was the manager) He did listen in to a few of my complaints and I would have expected him to take over and listen to the problems experienced but he didn't want to get involved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel