We have just returned from a 1 night stay at The Charlecote and are still stunned by what we had to endure during our stay;
1) ordering a Pimms in the bar and the waiter who was not English not knowing how to make one, so he asked another man who was cleaning the tables who instructed the waiter to go to the kitchen for strawberries, orange and cucumber and then moaned at me that he's useless and they need English speaking people to work there cos he was fed up with it (very professional)
2) Our room looked as if it had not been thoroughly cleaned in months (photos attached to prove my point)
3) By far the biggest gripe of all.......BREAKFAST.....disgusting! Unfortunately we had the same waiter who served us in the bar the previous day and he still acted as if he didn't even understand what he should be doing.After 15mins he came and asked for our drinks preference and gave us the choice of White or brown or mixed toast and then bought us the complete opposite to what we ordered, we then waited 20mins for someone to take our main order, the couple next door were also still waiting, in the meantime the people on the table opposite walked out in disgust. I approached the man in charge that morning and just asked politely if we could have some service and he was extremely rude, telling me I would have to wait, the manner in which he spoke to me made the couple on the next table say how disgusted they were with his attitude. If you like watered down orange juice, pale sausages and extremely poor quality produce then by all means go
4) Even the outdoor swimming pool has been left to run itself down, it is now a cornered off over grown mess.
Please don't be fooled by cheap prices, in the end you do actually get what you pay for and I'm afraid this place is as cheap as chips!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel