The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
Stratford Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
All reviewscharlecote parknational trust propertyself drivea la carte menustratford upon avonthe table d'hote menucountry hotelsgarden centrehalf boardpremier roomcoach partiescar parkevening mealbus stopfour poster bedweekend breakgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Having stayed at this hotel twice and finding the food to be of a good standard we made a third visit and how things had changed. The food can only be descibed as disgusting. The menu changed as you where waiting to be served. On one occasion the waitress was asked if chill which was on the menu was chill con carne she replyed I don,t think so but you never can tell here. Needless to say that will be my last visit
R Marshall

Room Tip: all rooms seemed good
3  Thank robert m
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Robert M and thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy any of the food which does surprise me as most of our guests love the current menu but I appreciate it doesn’t suit everyone. I hope one day you will return so we can have a chance to change your mind.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We enjoyed a very nice stay. Stayed in a room away from the main hotel which we found to be lovely. Very clean and lots of space for a family. Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Only down side for us was that due to sorting things with a small child we were a little late ordering tea. (6.09pm - Menu that suited our young child ended at 6pm. Waiter wouldn't take the order even though another waiter had taken an order from the same menu from another costumer just a few seconds before.) Understand that 6pm means 6pm but for the sake of 9 minutes we then had to put a tired 4 year old into a car and find somewhere else to eat. Maybe a little understanding for families with young children. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank weekd09
sheagm, Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi weekd09 and thanks for the kind comments and It's nice to know that you found the front of house team to be welcoming and friendly. I'm really sorry that you had an issue with the bar menu. It's true that the menu finished at 6pm however we should have been able to find a suitable solution for you. Hopefully we can welcome you back sometime in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Stratford area. The hotel is situated in the village of Charlecote just four miles from Stratford. The hotel is quite nice and the food good, in the evening it is quiet. The only distraction was the bathroom was tired needing some TLC and we could have done with a chair to sit at the writing table. We will go there again in the future.

2  Thank William J
sheagm, Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi William J and thanks for taking the time to give us your comments! I'm glad to hear that you found the hotel nice and the food to your liking! I'm sorry to hear that you felt the bathroom needed some TLC. All I can do is reassure you that we are constantly refurbishing rooms and try to sort all issues as soon as we can. It's good to know that you will return to us in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent a weekend break and was delighted with the hotel and friendly and helpful staff. Lovely setting, nice rooms and convenient to Stratford upon Avon centre.
The downside was the food was horrendous the chef should be sacked!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank C9947DRsarahd
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi Sarah D, and thanks for taking the time to write in regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm happy to hear that your enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. I am however sorry that you didn't find the food to your liking. This is unusual as the majority of guest comment on how good our food is but I understand it's not to everyone's liking. I do hope this doesn't put you off returning with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good location for Stratford upon Avon, Warwick castle and leamington spa. Excellent little hotel, good friendly place to stay. Accommodation exceptional had a Premier Room. Well worth the upgrade. Spotlessly clean, good choice of food, plenty of parking. Opposite the historic National trust, Charlecote House and grounds.

Staff were so helpful, nothing was too much for them. Fast and efficient.

Room Tip: Upgrade to premier. Like a large 3 roomed apartment, two flat screen TV's, tea making facilities, wine cooler, seperate bath and shower. Lounge furniture, very comfortable bed and superior pillows. Car parking close to door.
3  Thank disappointed730

Hi disappointed730, I'm very glad that your username doesn't reflect in your very kind comments. I'm happy to hear that you found us to be a friendly and welcoming hotel, and I am pleased that the team here made your stay a comfortable one. It's good that you made time to relax in one of our lovely premier rooms. Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back in the future!