“Not as impressive as it looked”

The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlecote
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Not as impressive as it looked”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel looks very nice from the outside but unimpressive on the inside! Some of the staff are polite, where others just look at you????
Food -a la carte prices but food unimaginative and basic
Breakfast was also dire, shouldn't take 45 minutes to get served a meal.
Bedroom is nice and clean but bathroom decor needs some help.
Overpriced!!!!!

2 Thank chase15
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Chase15 and thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find all the staff to be polite. I am however surprised to hear this as all the staffs go through a 4 week training programme so that we can always provide the best guest experience possible. I will of course investigate to ensure this isn't a regular occurrence. I do feel that the price that we charge is fair taking into account our location and type of hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

recently attended for a works meal, and the experience was one I would highly recommend. The service really was excellent, and the food wonderful.The staff could not have done more to look after us, and my steak was one of the best I have ever had. I will be going back again soon

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PennyT81
Hi PennyT81 and thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad that you enjoyed your works meal and even happier that your steak hit the right spot! I will of course pass on these wonderful comments to all staff concerned and I hope to see you again soon!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel was hard to find as a sign with its name is along the road by a driveway which is not a drive belonging to the hotel. The hotel is actually around the next corner. The place is rather run down. The carpet is worn, there was mildew in the bathroom, the woodwork needs paint, there was a hole in the wall in the back stairwell which was clearly not cleaned in quite some time. I found it odd that the front desk and restaurant staff acted as if it was some kind of high end place. I will say that the clientele was on the older side and well dressed, so it was puzzling that the property was not maintained to the standards I would think their customers would expect. I would not stay here again unless it has a makeover.

2 Thank jjmom53
Hi jjmom53, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us. With regards to your comments we are constantly revamping our rooms, public areas ect and trying to improve all aspects of the experience that we offer as a hotel. We take all feedback good and bad and use this to improve and I will be checking on the issues that you have raised.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Having stayed at this hotel twice and finding the food to be of a good standard we made a third visit and how things had changed. The food can only be descibed as disgusting. The menu changed as you where waiting to be served. On one occasion the waitress was asked if chill which was on the menu was chill con carne she replyed I don,t think so but you never can tell here. Needless to say that will be my last visit
R Marshall

Room Tip: all rooms seemed good
Green Features: Can,t really comment. But every thing in that area seemed good only the food was a problem
3 Thank robert m
Hi Robert M and thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy any of the food which does surprise me as most of our guests love the current menu but I appreciate it doesn’t suit everyone. I hope one day you will return so we can have a chance to change your mind.
Carryduff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We enjoyed a very nice stay. Stayed in a room away from the main hotel which we found to be lovely. Very clean and lots of space for a family. Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Only down side for us was that due to sorting things with a small child we were a little late ordering tea. (6.09pm - Menu that suited our young child ended at 6pm. Waiter wouldn't take the order even though another waiter had taken an order from the same menu from another costumer just a few seconds before.) Understand that 6pm means 6pm but for the sake of 9 minutes we then had to put a tired 4 year old into a car and find somewhere else to eat. Maybe a little understanding for families with young children. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank weekd09
sheagm, Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi weekd09 and thanks for the kind comments and It's nice to know that you found the front of house team to be welcoming and friendly. I'm really sorry that you had an issue with the bar menu. It's true that the menu finished at 6pm however we should have been able to find a suitable solution for you. Hopefully we can welcome you back sometime in the future!
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Stratford area. The hotel is situated in the village of Charlecote just four miles from Stratford. The hotel is quite nice and the food good, in the evening it is quiet. The only distraction was the bathroom was tired needing some TLC and we could have done with a chair to sit at the writing table. We will go there again in the future.

2 Thank William J
sheagm, Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi William J and thanks for taking the time to give us your comments! I'm glad to hear that you found the hotel nice and the food to your liking! I'm sorry to hear that you felt the bathroom needed some TLC. All I can do is reassure you that we are constantly refurbishing rooms and try to sort all issues as soon as we can. It's good to know that you will return to us in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent a weekend break and was delighted with the hotel and friendly and helpful staff. Lovely setting, nice rooms and convenient to Stratford upon Avon centre.
The downside was the food was horrendous the chef should be sacked!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah D
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi Sarah D, and thanks for taking the time to write in regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm happy to hear that your enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. I am however sorry that you didn't find the food to your liking. This is unusual as the majority of guest comment on how good our food is but I understand it's not to everyone's liking. I do hope this doesn't put you off returning with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlecote
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
#1 of 1 in Alderminster
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#5 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!