“Lovely staff and food”

Cinnamon Lounge
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Dunchurch
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and food”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The service was spot on and the food was delicious. 3 of us visited and we all enjoyed our food which was served with a smile by efficient and courteous staff. Well done.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank NewWeekNewHotel

Rugby, England, United Kingdom
“Favourite Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have been coming to Cinnamon ever since it opened and have never had a bad meal or poor service. Both food and service are excellent.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Flo D
Warwickshire
“Very good Indian cuisine. Staff very welcoming”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The food is well cooked with an authentic flavour. they will add more chili if you ask. Nice clean surroundings. Attentive wait staff.
Very modern clean loos. Downside is that the restaurant in up a flight of stairs. Not quite sure how a disabled person would access. I have not observed a lift.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank WarwickshireMarakesh
Rugby, United Kingdom
“hit and miss”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I ordered a takeaway from here a few months ago, and was very pleased with my dish of chicken pathia, it was outstanding, however, I had to put up with an arrogant "deputy" manager, whom provided bad service. I visited again, to give them a second chance, but received the same level of poor service and he noticed that it was me who wrote an average review for them on tripadvisor, he did not like that I had done this and was angry about it, and then he spoke in Bengali language to the person who was going to get my food from the kitchen whilst I was sorting out the payment, which made me a bit worried about whether they're going to do something to my food.
Upon arriving home, my lamb pathia was nothing like the pathia I had last time. It was overloaded with spices, and the lamb was very poor quality, chewy and fatty. There was far too much chilli powder in the pathia, and I couldn't taste any sweet or sourness. This has put the nail in the coffin for me to not go there again.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank SukyB
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Doesn't live up to all the hype!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband took me to this restaurant last Saturday evening for my birthday. I will be honest we always travel to Akhbars in Birmingham because the food there is constantly good and my husband being Asian is very critical about Asian cuisine. After reading tripadvisor and the constant good reviews I persuaded him to try this restaurant.

We ordered a mixed grill to share which was very tasty although the lamb was particularly chewy. My husband ordered the fish curry which was bland to say the least and I ordered a chilli chicken masala rice, naan bread. When mine arrived a thought for one moment they had given me the wrong dish as it looked very dark in colour and burnt. Sure enough it tasted burnt and when I queried it I was told that is how it should look. Suffice to say I refused to eat it and to their credit I was offered another dish which I declined.

When the bill arrived they had taken it off our bill but didn't once apologise. Disappointed to say the least and for that reason we wouldn't go back.

If you are looking for a great curry house and don't mind travelling try Akhbars in Bham or a hidden gem Blue Fusion in Coventry, pity we didn't travel that evening.

• Visited November 2013