My partner and I attended a wedding at Dunchurch Park on Sept 10th 2011 and had a fabulous time. We arrived at the hotel and headed for the beautiful gardens where bucks fizz and some very tasty canapes were served, while the bride and groom were having photos taken. We were then all shown to The Great Hall ready for the wedding breakfast.The great hall was beautifully decorated and spacious,and there were fresh flowers on all the tables. Once everyone was seated, the first course was brought out which was a ceaser salad. The staff were very smart and very efficient and the food was served quickly. I paid particular attention to this, as I work in a very busy restaurant and therefore, I am quite critical of this. I am happy to say that the ceasar salad was lovely and I was really looking forward to the rest of the meal. I was not disappointed. The main course of chicken breast with chicken liver parfait en croute was absolutely delicious and it was served with perfectly cooked veg, roast potatoes and a superb port reduction which was to die for. The pudding was a very nice white chocolate mousse accompanied by a very cleansing passionfruit sorbet. The meal was finished with fresh coffee or tea and the service was very good throughout. I can honestly say that it is probably the best wedding meal I have ever had so well done Dunchurch Park. As for the hotel itself, It is a lovely venue with lots of little hidden rooms. The bedroom we stayed in was nothing special, but it was adequate for our requirements and was clean and tidy with a comfy bed and very hot water, and the breakfast was lovely too. It was replenished regularly and there was a good selection to choose from. Our only complaint was the price of drinks. My partner was drinking pints of bulmers at £3.50 a time which is ok, but my gin and ginger ale was £5.00 a time which I think is an obscene amount. I then found out that it is about £3.25 for a 25ml measure of gin and it was only a cheap house gin. Yet if I went to the next bar I could get Bombay Sapphire for the same price?? But Bombay or not, the spirits were ridiculously overpriced, and even the barperson agreed. This aside, we had a fab time and it was nice to see the event manager (Sandro?) taking pride in his work and ensuring that everyone was enjoying themselves. A memorable day all round!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunchurch Park Hotel is a 19th-century Grade ll listed manor house, set in 72 acres of beautiful grounds and landscaped gardens. We are the ideal venue for conferences, meetings, weddings and special events. The hotel comprises 89 en-suite bedrooms in a custom-built wing and boasts 32 conference rooms. Situated in the heart of Warwickshire, the hotel is conveniently situated close to the M1, M6 and M45 motorways. Bar 1823 is our contemporary bar with plasma screen and Sky TV. Housed in the main manor house it serves an excellent selection of hot and cold drinks plus a wide range of beers and wines. Also in Bar 1823 you will find a range of meals with a variety of specials and great deals. Dunchurch Park is now offering golf at the renowned Rugby Golf Club!!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Dunchurch Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunchurch Park Hotel Dunchurch
- Park Hotel Dunchurch
- Dunchurch Park Warwickshire