Dunchurch Park
US$105
US$97
Agoda.com
US$81
Travelodge Rugby Central(Rugby)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelodge
US$85
PremierInn.com
US$189
US$85
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding venuemaster of ceremonieschristmas partybeautiful groundswedding coordinatorwedding breakfastironing boardgarden roombuffet stylehis teamovernight staymarqueehalleventpipercateringdelegates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The rooms are not in the old building but in another building, the room was modern with a few broken things in the room.
Breakfast service was poor and not much choice for breakfast, but was held in a lovely grand room.
The grounds are lovely to have a walk around.

• Stayed: November 2011
Management response:Responded 7 December 2011

Good Afternoon

I would like to take this opportunity of conveying my thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at Dunchurch Park.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the quality of service you experienced at breakfast and for the items that appeared to be broken in your bedroom. Had you reported these at the time I am sure they could have been easily rectified or in deed we would have changed you to a different room.

Signature Hotel Group

I was pleased to read that you were able to explore our wonderful gardens prior to your departure.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last night. I had a lovely arrival at reception. The room was just what I needed as I was only in rugby for one night. Would like to compliment the catering along side tony. I tried to call the night porter after 12, but there was no answer. I shall be coming next year to a wedding fayre as my daughter is getting married next year.

• Stayed: November 2011
Management response:Responded 5 December 2011

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay here at Dunchurch Park.

I will of course pass on your kind comments to both Chef & Tony and would like to convey my personal apologies for not being able to contact the night porter after midnight. Measures have now been implemented to ensure that this can not happen again in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Dunchurch Park in the new year when you attend our wedding fayre.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We recently held an awards evening at Dunchurch Park and it was excellent.
Food was fantastic and the service was brilliant, Stuart and his staff were very helpful, nothing was too much for them. We used the Great Hall and it was decorated beautifully.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 5 December 2011

Good Morning

I would like to take this opportunity of conveying my thanks, for taking the time to write your review, following the recent awards evening, that you attended here at Dunchurch Park.

I was delighted to hear that the event was a success and will of course pass on your extremely kind words to both chef & Stuart.

I look forward to hopefully having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Dunchurch Park at some point in the future.

Signature Hotel group

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here for a two-day conference and all credit should go to the conference manager (and his team) who did his utmost to make the best of it, but still :
(a) small, cold room with a barely working shower
(b) conference rooms : outdated and leaving a dirty impression
(c) catering : never seen before in my entire career but at dinner no-one of the group (14 people) had the courage to finish his/her main course & dessert : below every standard !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 15 November 2011

Good afternoon

Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to write your review, following the two day training course that you attended recently, here at Dunchurch Park.

I will of course also pass on your kind words regarding Albert and his conference team.

With regard to your other comments, I am left a little bemused, by the fact that the only point raised to both the Duty Manager and Albert, was that the rump of lamb which was served to five guests of your party for dinner, was a little fatty, at no point did we receive a complaint about your bedroom, the condition of the conference rooms or infact the standard of desserts which were served to your party, whilst you were still on site and whilst the issues could have been amicably resolved. Yet you appear to have wasted no time whatsoever, in voicing your comments here on trip adviser ? I trust both yourself and your party thoroughly enjoyed the wine and bar drinks, that were offered as a gesture of goodwill, as soon as the Duty Manager was informed of the issue regarding the lamb.

Kind Regards

Signature Hotel group

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Before I booked this hotel and read the reviews I was slightly worried comparing the pictures of the hotel with the price per room which included breakfast (because the pictures were beautiful and the price was so low).
But I had nothing to worry about....I was blown away with the surrounding of the hotel, set in acres of wood and the beauty of the hotel and its architect both inside and out.
Staff were pleasant and the rooms are sufficient.
The breakfast room was stunning and there was a variety of continental and English breakfast items to choose from. The room was quiet and the bed was so comfy we overslept.

I can't fault it even though there was a slight discrepancy in a transaction which was not the hotels fault but the company I booked the hotel via, Ron Terry (the director) was professional and right on to it....now that's what I call customer service!

If I had to be critical and this is me being picky, I would suggest to Ron that the sausages and bacon are reduced in size, they are huge and I would invest in smaller ones with herbs in the sausage to give them depth (just a personal preference), I would also have some classical music piped into reception which would just bring that area together.

I work for a big organisation and I noticed that the hotel had conference rooms so I have decided that I will book my next team building session there because of this one experience, it wont be until next year but am hoping the standards will be continued as am sure they will be.

Keep up the good work Ron and thank you for such a pleasant stay.

Omar

Room Tip: Go early to enjoy the surroundings.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Porthos1
Management response:Responded 8 November 2011

Good afternoon

I would like to take this opportunity of conveying my sincere thanks for taking the time to write such glowing review, following your recent stay here at Dunchurch Park. I will of course pass your extremely kind words on to the team here at the hotel.

Should you require accommodation in the Rugby area at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me direct and I will ensure to offer you a most competitive rate.

Warmest regards