“Wedding venue - fab!”

Dunchurch Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dunchurch
“Wedding venue - fab!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We had our wedding reception at Dunchurch on the 30th April 2011! The wedding coordinator is fab, she met with us and had regular contact via e-mail. They took a lot of stress out of the experience by going the extra mile ie. Setting the room up for us, seating plan etc. It was also brilliant value for money as they have special offers where the price includes the wedding breakfast, buffet, drinks etc so its a lot easier to budget with no hidden extras. Each table (we had 12) had there own waiter/waitress who where all very helpful and professional. On the top table we also had our own waiter who couldn't do enough for us and there was also a manager/coordinator for the day who managed our timings and ensures the day ran smoothly and went to plan, he even came up to me at approx 8pm after the evening guests had arrived to ask if I wanted some one to plate me up some of the buffet as I was so busy talking to everyone!
The grounds are absolutely stunning and we had full use of the entire location for 2 hours for welcome drinls, photos etc before being moved through into the marquee for the wedding breakfast.
There was also another wedding that started slightly later than ours and I will be honest I was slightly worried about this. However, I wouldn't have even known. The day was managed so well we never even saw the other wedding party or guests.
My only criticism would be the front of the hotel. They seem to have built the reception area and some of the hotel rooms in a new style and it isn't really in keeping with the back of the hotel where the original building and grounds are stunning! Some of the hotel rooms are also slightly basic and small. However, I would add that our guests where offered a reduced rate and the price included a self service breakfast that was brilliant and just what we all needed after a late night celebrating!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times recently and found the staff to be very friendly, rooms are adequate, beds comfy and breakfast is excellent, got a good deal on the price through lastminute.com, would recommend and stay here again.

uk
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed one night recently, excellent value for money. The Hotel has wonderful grounds, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, would definetely stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
chester
Reviewed 31 March 2012

i cant fault this hotel-- a wonderfull setting,excellent rooms and a very fair price( you stay in the annex)bar and dining room/breakfast room in the main house which is fantastic and full of character,staff are all very friendly

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Just stayed for one night on business. Was given room 12 which was very nice even though it was dusty in parts and the carpet had stains on it. However, the shower did not work properly, in that there there was no hot water coming through it. After trying to get through to the main reception for the best part of an hour, the duty manager came up to check the shower and confirmed that it was broken as there was no hot water coming through it, and no one was around to fix it. There was no apology from the manager. After asking him what he could do, he said we could have 10% off the food bill if we ate in the restaurant, or £10 off the room bill or a midday check out rather than an 11am checkout. This should have been the minimum given to me in light of no hot water in the shower. No way was I offered a change of room by the manager. In the end I went down to tell the reception staff that I was not happy with the fact that there was no solution to the hot water, and the fact that he did not apologise. The reception staff were very nice and apologised on his behalf and agreed with me that the manager has a tendency to come across as being rude and abrupt (obviously a key characteristic of working in the hositality industry). The receptionist did offer to change my room - which was too late by this time as I was on my way out and was coming back very late. The worst part was that when I came down for breakfast the next morning (after having two cold showers), the manager did not even look at me, let alone say good morning - or even apologise for his behaviour. I would have questioned his behaviour if this was a chain hotel, but I was actually worried that if I had, I might have been thrown out of the hotel!! Very poor behaviour and not somewhere I would return to or recommend to others for a place of quality.

Room Tip: Room 12 is good, but ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel rather than an older room.
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed in many hotels all over the World and have just stayed for one week in the Dunchurch, the old part of the hotel which is shown in all the photographs is very nice and the grounds are what one would expect for a country house. BUT THAT'S NOT WHERE YOU STAY! the rooms are in blocks attached to the old house are much like a Butlins camp. The rooms are very small, I had a double which is certainly not big enough for two people and hardly large enough for one. The bar is very seventies and much like one you get in any airport departure area. My room smelled of cigarettes so much so I got the staff to change the quilt and pillows. The bathroom towel heater did not work which made the bathroom cold. They did repair this when asked. The room had no mini fridge so keeping anything cold was not possible . The Hotel is no better than a Premier Inn and a great disapointment and not at all what I expected.
I would not stay there again and was glad to leave.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there, if I this was a holiday I would have changed hotels, I most certainly wo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank rob2222187309

Travellers are raving about these Dunchurch hotels

Manchester, UK
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Very impressed with great hotel in lovely surroundings.
The staff were helpful and friendly. Good value with low rates although they change them throughout the day up and down so be careful. I booked a day later than my colleagues and paid £10 more but they went down again the same day.
Would definitely recommend though. Didn't have dinner but breakfast was great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunchurch
Brownsover Hall Hotel
Draycote Hotel
#6 of 13 in Rugby
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa

Been to Dunchurch Park? Share your experiences!