All reviews wedding venue master of ceremonies christmas party beautiful grounds the main house garden room buffet style his team overnight stay marquee hall event wowcher piper catering stuart delegates
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I only stayed one night for a Gala Dinner, the room was not large, but adequate, clean and tidy, with everything I needed.
Plenty of hot water, but you have to set the taps carefully, the water is far too hot.
Otherwise, the food was good, the staff very helpful and attentive to my needs.
The WiFi was great in the Bar, but very patchy in Rochford Court rooms.

Room tip: Ask for a room with good WiFi.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank grahamg451
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I stayed in this hotel last week for work, and just loved the staff. Amy and Ria in particular were so helpful (our booking had gone a little awry on the computer system). My bed was comfortable and the room spotlessly clean, although the shower was definitely on the wimpy side. The grounds are absolutely lovely to wander through if you have the time (and the weather) - what a delight!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Stayed again in August and then September but Trip Advisor does not allow reviews until 3 months after last review.

We again had the same very large room as previously and yet again it was spotlessly clean. 2 minute walk to the main building where reception and various meeting rooms and dining facilities and bar.

The staff are really friendly and seem very happy in their work. Nice also to see management getting stuck in when needed which is not often the case in larger hotels.

The breakfasts were nice with a good variety of food on offer both continental and full English nicely presented. Usually we had breakfast in the Great Hall but on one morning it was set up in a meeting room as I believe the Great Hall was being set up for a function. Evening meals were really good, varied menu and tasty. Afternoon cream tea was very nice too and as I am a fussy eater the sandwiches were as I requested instead of a few different fillings.

Service in the bar was generally excellent except during the afternoons when often no-one there to serve until you found them. I think this is because it is generally staffed after about 16.30 because before then it would probably not cost effective with maybe 1 or 2 customers. It was, however, fairly easy to find a member of staff to serve.

Overall my wife and I both think this is a great place to spend a few nights and find some of the negative reviews puzzling. Maybe we are just lucky because we would certainly say if we felt something was wrong.

Our thanks to ALL staff for helping to make it such a pleasant and relaxing place to stay.

Room tip: We have had the same room on our 3 visits so can't comment about other rooms.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HuttoftDave1
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Very good venue for company seminars.Breakfast buffet is great.Friendly personnel.Wifi very good.
Hotel located in splendid park.
Would recommend this place for business travellers.

Really a nice place to be.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Patoche95000
Reviewed 29 October 2018

My friend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend for our once a year reunion, we live at opposite ends of the country and always meet in the middle for our catch ups.
What a fabulous weekend we had at the Dunchurch Park !!

I arrived first and was greeted by Eva who welcomed me and said although I was too early to check in I could make myself comfortable while I waited for my friend to arrive, I was shown to a very comfortable lounge area and was invited to have fresh coffee, biscuits and/or fruit.

Once my friend arrived we were then looked after by Adrian who was charming, attentive and friendly and so accommodating! He could not have done more and although he was not intrusive he was really friendly and warm and made us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble for him.

We decided to eat at the hotel in the evening and again Adrian looked after us, it was all service with a great big smile!

The food was delicious at lunch, evening meal and breakfast and the rooms clean and comfortable.

We could not fault the hotel as they did an amazing job of looking after us.
Eva booked us out the next morning and did all this with such a friendly smile and wishing us a good journey home.

The Manager I am sure is very proud of the customer service that his staff showed to us and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking to book a nice quiet break away. Fabulous!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends