“Lovely place!”
Review of The Nook on the Square - CLOSED

The Nook on the Square
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Nook on the Square, as featured on BBC2's The Restaurant Man, is a lovely shabby chic licensed cafe/restaurant in Dunchurch. We serve seasonal, locally sourced breakfasts, lunches and afternoon treats. Pop in and see us, we are open every day.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here for the first time when we had a 241 voucher just after it opened. Very pleasantly surprised. Decor lovely, staff excellent and drinks (tea, coffee etc) above average. They have proper tea bags i.e with leaves and not that other stuff....More than happy to go there now and pay full price. Apart from two separate rooms indoors there's also a cute garden area with tables and chairs for when the weather gets better. Cannot fault the place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Meh .. It was ok but not exceptional. Wonder how popular it would be amongst some real competition? Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't get why people would want to queue to get in. Or eat with people staring at them from the queue. Rooms are pretty and service is good. Very average food.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Have eaten there many times. Lovely place to meet with friends for brunch or for a coffee and yummy cinammon bun. Fab decor, friendly service, very impressed.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

After seeing it on the TV and knowing the village (as we live in Rugby) my husband and I went on a Saturday at 1.45pm about 2 weeks ago. We had to wait in the hallway for about 20 mins, which was expected. I didn't really like all the current diners looking at me though so it felt a little uncomfortable but not too bad. We were greeted by 3 different people at different times which was unorganised. We were seated in the front room, right next to the cakes!! Yum yum, they did look nice. We both had a cream tea for £4.75 which included 2 scones (small scones, so the equivalent of just over one large scone). I think it should be noted on the menu that the scones are small, as some people may think they can share and have a big scone each. they were nice though, and served with jam and clotted cream. Presented nicely. We had a big tea pot which gave us 3 cups each, so that was great. The staff were lovely and friendly. Meant to have a nose at the other room and the garden but forgot! Will definitely go back to try the quiche. Having run restaurants myself, my comment to the owners would be to be a little more organised in the running of the front of house. Everyone was being greeted by different members of staff. I think one person should be responsible for 'hosting', so that person greets and seats, and also sorts out everyone's bills. In the meantime they can still help to bring out food to tables. We will be back!

3  Thank LollipopL
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We too had seen the TV show but decided to leave it a while because of the queues. We were seated straight away and the lady took our order. We didn't have to wait long for the coffee, followed shortly by the delicious quiche. Some people say it is a bit pricey but then tea rooms are, I find. The staff were brilliant, couldn't fault them and the same goes for the food. Lovely décor and atmosphere. We will definitely return. Hope their success continues

1  Thank Heather B