“Only the management has changed.”
Review of Dun Cow

Dun Cow
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Dunchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dun Cow in Dunchurch is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The place has had a revamp but there is still insufficient staff on bar duty, plus visitors beware the rude locals who insist they are first to be served.
The food is a vast improvement from the last time I tried to eat there, this time they got it right, again thought insufficient staff 'waiting' especially for a Bank Holiday weekend, having been advised that a group of 30 was due to arrive. One waiter very efficient but hard pressed.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Everything about this pub is great ! Service top class, food beautiful the burger was perfectly cooked and presented perfectly, sausage and mash on the lunch menu was perfect ! The Pimms Eaton mess & toffee sundae were delicious ! Could have stayed all day !

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited at lunchtime for a business meeting with food, was a little hesitant due to some of the negative reviews. However we found the staff to be friendly and the service was quick. The food was hot, nice and good value. We would be happy to return.

1  Thank DAC041
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We, my wife and I, called here as a result of not getting into The Nook. What a mistake. It was certainly quaint, in a dusty and old furniture way, dimly lit and not pleasant at all. I ordered gammon with egg, pineapple and chips and my wife ordered some kind of Southern fried chicken with salad and dip. My chips were cold the egg was hard and the pineapple was raw and as for the gammon well, what do I say, cold, like rubber and tasted foul. I complained to the manager and he just said " you can have your money back " which I did. My wife I'd not aether meal as the chicken was so over cooked that it was hard and the salad and dip were not pleasant at all. We would never, ever, go back.

3  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Three of us had dinner here April 23rd and were so impressed that we returned, together with 2 other friends, for lunch on the 25th. The cod loins served at dinner plus the beef and merlot pie were all very good and server David made his own positive contribution to the enjoyment of the meal and our overall visit. If anything, the cod loins were even better on Friday, perhaps aided by the 50% off wine special that accompanied any 2 identical fish orders from the menu! The fish pie too was excellent and the gammon and the chicken, ham and leek pie both received enthusiastic reviews. Presiding over the 5 tables in our little enclave, server Lisa was wonderful and obviously well-known to and much cared for by the 'locals'....and you can now add these visitors to that list!