“What a cracking pub”

Dun Cow
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Dunchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dun Cow in Dunchurch is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
“What a cracking pub”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic Saturday lunchtime treat to eat and drink at this pub. The staff were very welcoming and friendly as well as professional. They clearly enjoyed their jobs. The choice of beer (real ale) as well as lager was impressive I would recommend "Proper Beer" from St Austell brewery - magnificent. The food was well priced, not cheap but good value and very tasty. Try the treacle cured salmon for something a little different.

We'll be back!

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only the management has changed.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The place has had a revamp but there is still insufficient staff on bar duty, plus visitors beware the rude locals who insist they are first to be served.
The food is a vast improvement from the last time I tried to eat there, this time they got it right, again thought insufficient staff 'waiting' especially for a Bank Holiday weekend, having been advised that a group of 30 was due to arrive. One waiter very efficient but hard pressed.

• Visited May 2014
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Top class !!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Everything about this pub is great ! Service top class, food beautiful the burger was perfectly cooked and presented perfectly, sausage and mash on the lunch menu was perfect ! The Pimms Eaton mess & toffee sundae were delicious ! Could have stayed all day !

Visited May 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Just the job”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited at lunchtime for a business meeting with food, was a little hesitant due to some of the negative reviews. However we found the staff to be friendly and the service was quick. The food was hot, nice and good value. We would be happy to return.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DAC041
“What is this I am trying to eat”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We, my wife and I, called here as a result of not getting into The Nook. What a mistake. It was certainly quaint, in a dusty and old furniture way, dimly lit and not pleasant at all. I ordered gammon with egg, pineapple and chips and my wife ordered some kind of Southern fried chicken with salad and dip. My chips were cold the egg was hard and the pineapple was raw and as for the gammon well, what do I say, cold, like rubber and tasted foul. I complained to the manager and he just said " you can have your money back " which I did. My wife I'd not aether meal as the chicken was so over cooked that it was hard and the salad and dip were not pleasant at all. We would never, ever, go back.

• Visited March 2014