“Best Sunday lunch”

The Dun Cow
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Dunchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dun Cow in Dunchurch is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My hubby and I went here as we were passing through so by mistake really. It was a great mistake.
We had a Sunday lunch platter and the food was just perfect. The meat was cooked just right, the vegetables were obviously fresh as you could really taste them and there was plenty of it, great value for money.
We were served by Jaye who was lovely, friendly and attentive but not too over the top.
We have eaten in a lot of local places for Sunday lunch but will definitely travel the extra miles to go here in future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The first time my wife and I ate here we were looking for somewhere for a group of us to have a meal before our wedding. We were sat down promptly service was attentive and the food was on point. We both had steak which was cooked to perfection.

Our latest trip was for a booking for 30 people. We were all sat down promptly and looked after for all the time we were there. Drinks were kept topped up, orders taken promptly and the room was nice with a good traditional feel to it. On this occasion i opted for the Pork Belly. And as before this was cooked to perfection and the portion size more than adequate! I finished my meal off with an Ice Cream Sundae which again was more than enough in size.

Overall the two meals I've had here have been excellent and I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

A lunch nostalgic stop at he Dun Cow wasn't up to its old and reliable standard.

Empty bar, but had to call over to barmen to serve me, chatting to each other without much interest in serving.
Bar was wet with beer, tables not cleared.

Sat outside in courtyard, but surroundings were tired, not maintained, felt a bit industrial..

Doom bar beer ok.

Sandwich came as a roll, sloppily arranged and just about ok.

Management here need to pay more attention - staff should be fussed on customers, clean and tidy outside space and attention to looks for food.

2  Thank Rob V
Reviewed 17 May 2014

What a fantastic Saturday lunchtime treat to eat and drink at this pub. The staff were very welcoming and friendly as well as professional. They clearly enjoyed their jobs. The choice of beer (real ale) as well as lager was impressive I would recommend "Proper Beer" from St Austell brewery - magnificent. The food was well priced, not cheap but good value and very tasty. Try the treacle cured salmon for something a little different.

We'll be back!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The place has had a revamp but there is still insufficient staff on bar duty, plus visitors beware the rude locals who insist they are first to be served.
The food is a vast improvement from the last time I tried to eat there, this time they got it right, again thought insufficient staff 'waiting' especially for a Bank Holiday weekend, having been advised that a group of 30 was due to arrive. One waiter very efficient but hard pressed.