“A firm favourite”

The Fox and Hounds Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Fox and Hounds pub is listed as a hotel but not as a restaurant. As it only has three rooms and the food is wonderful.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Went again to the Fox on Saturday night, and took friends who hadn't been before.
The menu is always fantastic, it is so hard to choose.
Sionned always makes us welcome, and Bramble our Springer is made to feel welcome also, as he gets a biscuit, or two.
We all had something different, and the quality, as always, was top notch.
Our friends were very impressed, as they were expecting " pub food", and what you get is anything but, though served in a beautiful little Cotswolds pub.
The beer as well is always superb, something different, tht you don't see elsewhere.
Mark is a well known beer monster, and he was more than impressed by the beers on offer.
Thanks again to the team at the Fox, and we look forward to our next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Fox and Hounds Inn

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently relocated to Moreton in Marsh and have been fortunate enough to find The Fox and Hounds and adopt it as our new "local" We have been made to feel tremendously welcome and introduced to many new people who I hope will become firm friends in the years to come.
The family team of Gill, Sionned and Jamie run a good old fashioned country pub with excellent food, all served up in a friendly atmosphere - what more could you ask?
The bar is often visited by many dogs - all friendly and even the occasional rabbit, which came as a surprise on our first visit! I would particularly recommend the Guinness and the Hooky, as well as a very sensibly priced Chenin Blanc.
We have already eaten in the bar many times, including a very special meal on New year's Eve. The steak is always good and my wife would recommend the partridge. Make sure you leave plenty of room for the fabulous desserts too. The variety and quality of the food reflects very well on Jamie and everyone we have taken to the pub for food has been very impressed.
There is even hope for my liver as the pub closes after lunch on Sunday until Tuesday so drink free days will keep the doctor happy.
Easy to find - about 1.5 miles off the A44 - try it - you will not regret it.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I took my better half to the Fox and Hounds for her birthday in late November.

I’ve typically got mixed feelings about the Cotswolds; despite living in one of the most expensive boroughs in London (Richmond), there are times when parts of the area feel just a bit too “OK YA” and posh caps in red corduroys for me. Close your eyes in some Cotswold pubs, listen to the voices, and you’d be forgiven for thinking you were in an upmarket Chelsea watering hole.

It was a big relief to discover that this was anything but one of those places. This is a pretty village blessed with a wholly unpretentious and genuinely friendly pub that has ‘traditional and charming’ down to a tee.

Our room for the night was a very good size and really reasonable money. Food was excellent – a big thanks to the chef for switching the menu from de-facto veggie option, risotto, and producing a truly excellent Thai veggie curry for the birthday girl. My steak and chips was also very good (and I’ve eaten a lot of that stuff!).

The evening only got better when we noticed Hartley. Who? Hartley - a very handsome Rex rabbit owned by a friendly local. He (Hartley that is) spent the entire evening sitting on the bar eating peanuts in such a relaxed manner that anyone would think a rabbit sitting nonchalantly on the bar of a busy pub is the most normal thing in the world. Apparently, he’s a regular. Given that our menagerie includes five rescue rabbits, you can imagine how chuffed we were.

Overall, the whole evening was one of those cosy, log fire, low lighting, good food and a great atmosphere nights when everything feels just right and, with a few drinks blurring out the usual boring considerations (e.g. how would we get to work?), you find yourself wondering if you really ought to up-sticks and move there tomorrow.

We left the next day, after a very good breakfast, with nothing but good things to say about the Fox and Hounds, its staff, the locals and, of course, Hartley.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Had eaten a small taster meal earlier in year that was exceptionally good.
Decided to visit again I spend a lot of my time travelling and my home in S/France so I do appreciate great food cooked by great Chefs. This Pub has both (Also a really friendly & welcoming team)
The meal was truly fantastic and the best duck I have had this year. It was complimented by superb mash potatoes with bacon & spring onions and 2 veg that tasted incredibly.
What a great Chef and what great local produce. I always find it difficult to recommend a restaurant but this is one not to miss.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Last night we had a delicious evening meal in this delightful old pub, the atmosphere is perfect, busy and bubbling with friendly people - it doesnt get any better. Excellent menu with choices for everyone. Lamb tangine was better than in Morocco, lemon sole was to die for - an enormous fish cooked in lemon butter and the menfolk had partridge which was the best they had ever had - can thoroughly recommend the puds too - service was first class attentive and thoughtful - we will definately be back here again, just sad we hadnt been before !!