“Yum!!”

Finest Catch
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Finest Catch is all about great food, great atmosphere, and fantastic customer service. Order whatever you wish at any time. Just a starter, or just an ice cream, or just a coffee... no problem.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

My first visit was just last week. Heard about it from a friend at work, and was there 5 hours later.
On my friends advice I ordered the £6 Cod and Chips, as he said this was enough. My mate ordered the Large Scampi.
The interior of the place, as per the previous reviews, is like an American Diner and is rather nice really. The music wasn't too intrusive. We reiceved some bread and butter, both white and brown but we had scoffed this by the time the meals arrived, as the restaurant was busy. The batter on the fish was thin and crispy as I like it and the chips were slightly unchippy like but again delicious and the fish could not have been much fresher. Service was excellent and less intrusive than other reviewers have experienced. I felt the Cod was slightly on the small side, but my side of beans was enormous and I was able to finish this. The bottomless drinks are amazing value too. All in, a great success, I hope standards continue to be maintained. In fact it was almost as good as the Pisces in Sheldon, Brum's best chippy!! Still, this is a 5-star review. Though I should stress we did not order starters or desserts. And we did not have oven chips. If I ever do you will all know about it.
If you are hungry, I would suggest that you order the Large Cod instead. As for the large Scampi? My mate struggled to finish it!

1 Thank PrestwickPioneer

Mandurah, Australia
“Delicious - a great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

We visited as a group of 6 adults for lunch. Service was very friendly and efficient - all the wait staff are young and so keen to help - loved the option of smaller serves - the fish was delicious and the chips crunchy and hand made - the curry sauce and mushy peas were good too. So impressed they served prosecco by the glass - haven't found a pub in the UK during our travels that does!

1 Thank PAB048
Coventry, United Kingdom
“glad i visited but...........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Myself, husband and 2 children decided to try based on reviews i had read.Was suprised when we went into the restaurant to see all the staff sitting down at the tables but thought oh well.
The waiter that served us was very good and generally the service was good.
We ordered our starters which were just ok very basic i had garlic mushrooms with garlic mayo.
Our mains arrived and whilst portion size is good the fish had no taste very bland and the chips were oven chips i really did think we would be served chips ,chip shop style i asked for some garlic mayo to go with my scampie only to be told they dont do it funny i had it with my starter.The dessert we ordered was very basic not how it was described on the menu.
The food here is very basic and put together very cheaply shame really as just a bit more effort would make meals a lot more enjoyable and OVEN CHIPS a big let down.Place was clean, duke box not working found the concept of an american diner serving fish and chips slightly odd if im honest .Could definatley tell they were cutting corners.

Stratford upon Avon
“What a catch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Recent find for us but one we will visit rather than going to the chippy. The prices are very competitive and the quality of food very good. Simple and straight forward menu, effecient staff and good location.

At these prices you really have to question if its worth going to the chippy at all.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Andrew M
Derbyshire
“Time travel back to a 50's Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Called in here by chance and was thrilled by the decor. All very American diner, especially for what is essentially a chip shop. Eat in only, service was delivered with a smile and charm. Had the grilled haddock, chips, onion rings, tea and complimentary bread and butter. Husband had sausage and chips. My fish was tender and moist and the tartare sauce was really good full of gherkins and capers. I'm not keen on chips so can't really comment. But it was a jolly experience and really packed.